• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

A few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Leaf

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
This is my questions thread, I will add to it as I get more and more questions as I will eventually get more and it seems more sensible to have them all in one place than have them in lots of different threads. I have indeed tried Google, I will only ask those I can't find easily.

1. How much does Animal Crossing: New Leaf cost on the Japanese eShop?
2. Has anyone got footage of the english demo playable at the SXSW event?
3. How long (or how do you get) does it take for Kapp'n to arrive?

Thanks!

Yeah I did notice, but I wanted to make sure mine were for sure seen and had a good chance of being answered.

Thanks.

Then you would do well to go to the thread she linked as it specifically says to ask questions there and NOT make a thread of it

1. 4,800 Yen.
2. I uploaded a video of it earlier, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx3Y3iMtQx4
3. First, you need to play the game for a bit, maybe for about a week. Then, one day, you will notice that the mayor from past; Tortimer: will appear. Go talk to him and he will tell you that there will be a surprise waiting for you the next day. The following day, just go to the beach and Kapp'n will be there waiting for you.

I hope this helps you!

Last edited:
Why do you have to post all questions in that thread? I personally hate massive threads and can't stand navigating them.
I like when the new questions surface on the new threads list and I can choose whether or not I want to select it.
Isn't that what new threads are for?..

Yeah but if we don't have a thread for generic questions, it's likely people who just walk in and don't actually look around will just post multiple questions at a time that have already been asked, and we'll end up with over 100 topics that are only a page or two long that were made just to ask one question and once that question is answered, the thread might as well be locked.

Weird analogy time: It's like having one notebook full of information, or 1000 sticky notes scattered across the room. Sure, you know you've wrote down something before, but instead of flipping through the pages of a notebook, you're now having to run all over the place to find what you're looking for. It's just plain messy.

It's neater and more convenient for users to have one post to search through when it comes to questions. You shouldn't be posting topics with questions just because you want to get around everyone else who's asking a question. When someone knows the answer, they'll get to you eventually. |: It's kind of rude to toss yourself out in the open just to make sure you get attention to something that's likely already been asked. I mean heck we have a topic for the SXSW even too. They could have read that for the answer to that question. And I just saw someone answer his last question in the questions topic earlier today.

Especially when the title of a thread is "I've got New Leaf Questions, Here's a New Leaf Question, Someone Answer this, etc.) The thread gives no indication of what is inside and when you have dozens of those titles, you are going to have a difficult time finding a question and answer.

All questions do get answered on the question thread, if yours is ignored, just quote it. Also, threads have search options, so you can easily search the thread for what you are looking for, but if you can't find it, just ask the question and someone will answer.

Anyway, I reported this for a mod to see and they can do what they think is best, it'll probably just be merged with the question thread.

3. Pay off your 39,800 mortgage. It has nothing to do with playing for a week (unless it takes you that long to pay off your mortgage :3).

Okay folks, that's enough.

Yeah I did notice, but I wanted to make sure mine were for sure seen and had a good chance of being answered.

Thanks.

I understand that some may not see the current threads and it's okay if they miss it but you completely acknowledge seeing the thread and yet you completely ignored it and made yet another. I find this to be rather rude to be honest.

As for making sure it was answered, I view that thread quite frequently and questions are almost always answered. Lots of very good people helping out in there and I'm sure they would appreciate it if simple questions were asked in there. :)

Why do you have to post all questions in that thread? I personally hate massive threads and can't stand navigating them.
I like when the new questions surface on the new threads list and I can choose whether or not I want to select it.
Isn't that what new threads are for?..

The questions thread is for the basic questions that have popped up a million times before and don't really facilitate any discussion. They can be answered by a single person usually in the first post and further posts don't add anything. That's why we have the thread.

However, you should definitely make a new thread when you have something that can actually be discussed by others. There are lots of elements of New Leaf that have yet to be discussed outside of asking a few questions.

Thanks,
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back