[FAQ] TBT Party Service Helpdesk - For Your General TBT Fair Questions

Hi! I noticed the tickets for Besting Blunders were distributed but some entries weren't accepted yet (mine included) Just wondering if there's something.

My Besting Blunders entry seems to have been missed as well
Your entries haven't been missed. A number of entries failed the AI-detection tests so they have been set aside for now until I've the time to do a closer read of the text myself and manually analyse them.

Ooh, okay, that's a relief. I do remember happening upon a TikTok once about how writing from people with autism is more likely to be flagged as AI, and I guess that was true... Makes me want to look into the topic more now 😂

Ooh, okay, that's a relief. I do remember happening upon a TikTok once about how writing from people with autism is more likely to be flagged as AI, and I guess that was true... Makes me want to look into the topic more now 😂
really 0-0
Makes me wonder if that's what happened to my admin answers, Im not saying I have autism, never been diagnoised for anything. But it was really fustrating I had to sound less professional than I wanted to be.

I still need to sit down and read everyone;s stories DX

really 0-0
Makes me wonder if that's what happened to my admin answers, Im not saying I have autism, never been diagnoised for anything. But it was really fustrating I had to sound less professional than I wanted to be.

I still need to sit down and read everyone;s stories DX
Interesting but questionable. 🧐

Yeah, I looked into it a bit, and I think the TikTok I saw must have been referencing this incident:

When I searched it is mostly just articles based on that case

I hate the whole AI thing. Just to be clear: I don’t have an issue with TBT or staff or anyone here, it just bothers me that AI is used like that and people might assume our genuine work is created by AI. I know I’d be upset if anything I produced needed to be checked for AI.

I mean not for nothing, but it feels incredibly shallow to criticize any ai detection tools used (that afaik we don't know which tools they've opted for to check for ai) simply because of getting flagged for possible ai detection

if anyone who was flagged is honest about not having used ai, then it should be cleared up on manual review. no detection software will be perfect, and that it may of false flagged some entries isn't in itself an indication of poor accuracy

To be fair though, I think they were just used to save time. Chris did say he was going to check the entries himself and nobody’s been accused of anything. But that doesn’t mean I don’t feel for the people whose entries were flagged.

To be fair though, I think they were just used to save time. Chris did say he was going to check the entries himself and nobody’s been accused of anything. But that doesn’t mean I don’t feel for the people whose entries were flagged.
i'd argue it's a waste of time rather than a time saver. i'm assuming all entries are read by staff anyways so weird AI grammar faults should be easy to spot, meanwhile an AI detector is gonna needlessly flag non-AI due to using common phrases/common sentence structures.

Have people got their quiz tickets or nomination tickets yet? Not trying to rush the staff or anything, I’m just curious about if they went in yet.

Back