• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A journal of Carby

Island/Town Name
Carby
Hemisphere
South
Native Fruit
Apple
Native Flower
Cosmos

Cethosia

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
I'm pretty bad at keeping track of things, but I will try. Will try to add some screenshots and images later

Why the name Carby?
I had a bit of trouble naming my island, and then thought about carbuncles from FF. But Carbuncle island didn't sound so nice, so I shortened it to Carby. Carbuncles are actually mythological creatures. There are various different discriptions of how they look like, but all of them agree on that they are small, and that there is a gem or mirror on their forehead, often said to have special powers.

Current villagers
Poncho
20th of March
Poncho was my starter jock. He has actually grown on me and I managed to get his barebones home to look rather nice. He is sleeping in a bed now. I often see him either lifting weights or doing yoga.

Pashmina
20th of March
My starter uchi. I actually really like her, but I haven't had much luck redecorating her home. She now has both her sleeping bag and bed in her home and I can't be bothered to try to fix this for now. I find her singing sometimes, but she seems to move to music more often.

Rex
25th or 26th of March
My first lazy. He was a random move in since I didn't realize someone random would move in upon contributing all furniture. Can't say I am a fan of that dirt floor. He's not too bad, but not my favourite out there. I have seen him running around, but often he is eating something.

Midge
25th or 26th of March
Same as Rex, a random move in upon contributing all furniture for the starter house. She is my first normal, and while I was not fond of her, she grew on me. I think the basic house really suits her. She seems to be reading a lot, or staring at things.

Bam
3rd of April
Bam is the second jock on my island. I found him while island hopping and just liked him. His house is pretty interesting. He loves to run around a lot.

Whitney
8th of April
She is my first snooty. I was pretty lucky and found her in less than 20 tickets on an island. I invited her and love her a lot. She made some interesting remarks towards other villagers. I am thinking about keeping her, but it will depend on how similar she is to the snooty I want. I tend to see her walk around with a bag, just like Wendy.

Phoebe
24th of April
Phoebe is my second uchi. I had made a list of villagers I liked and was island hopping for one of them. I found her in about 4 tickets or so. I was actually a bit disappointed since I wanted to visit more islands, but I invited her and I love her house. I think she looks silly when she wears sunglasses. She tends to lift weights.

Gaston
7th of May
Gaston randomly appeared on my campsite the 5th of May. I like how he looks and I decided I wanted to invite him. I had 2 empty plots left still, so I just put one down... and went island hopping. I invited 2 villagers that day. His house honestly looks pretty bad. The poor guy sleeps on a cardboard bed

Tangy
6th of May
After putting down a plot for Gaston, I went island hopping. I was planning to do 10-20 islands, and found her on the 8th. I was pretty surprised and didn't think I would find anyone. I invited her and had to put down another plot for Gaston. I love her house, but i miss the pineapple bed. I think an orange rug would have looked nice too. Tangy loves to sing. Sometimes she gets distracted and starts chasing a bug. She looks pretty cute at times

Lionel
He came to my island as a campsite visitor. Since I received a photo from Wendy, I decided to let her go. My friend got rid of Lionel on his own island a few days earlier, so it was funny to see him.

Last edited:
Villager photo's
I will keep track of when I get a photo of a villager here and possibly how long it took.
I started giving wrapped fruits on the 8th of May
Wendy
11th of May 2020 - around 47 days

Bam
22nd of May 2020 - 49 days

Midge
24th of May 2020 - around 59 days

Whitney
31st of May 2020- 53 days

Past villagers
I am going to put this under a spoiler since I think this will get long over time.
Hippeux
Hippeux was my forced campsite visitor. I absolutely couldn't stand looking at him. Just seeing him made me annoyed. I gave in and TT to kick him out (sorry). I did feel bad about TT that much, but was honestly relieved he was gone. Didn't even bother to get his photo.

Wendy
24th of March - 18th of May 2020
One of my first 5. After the first 2 plots randomly had someone move in upon completion, I wisened up and went to a few islands and found her there. After I invited her, she mentioned she was already going to move there. I think she is one of my favourite peppies and she was the first to give me her photo. I used to see her walk around with a bag and a cute ribbon on her head. I will miss her calling me her bestie. While I decided to let her move out, I will likely move her back if I find her again.

Campsite visitors
I think this is something to keep track of as well
- End of March 2020: Hippeux - forcely invited
- beginning of May 2020: ??? - not invited
- 12th of May 2020: Beardo - not invited
- 18th of May 2020: Lionel - invited
- 23rd of May 2020: Flip - not invited
- 2nd of June 2020: Savannah - invited
- 6th of June: Nana - not invited
- 13th of June: Flora - not invited
- 19th of June: Bettina - not invited

Last edited:
Island development
I will put images showing how my island develops over time here. I actually don't have that much to show for the duration of the first month.​

Special visitors per day and weather
This is in it's own post since this will likely get long really fast. Just a place to track which visitor I had each day and how the weather was

• 12th: Sunny with some rain, Label and Wisp​
  • 13th: Clear with few shooting stars, Celeste​
  • 14th: A bit of rain, Saharah​
  • 15th: Sunny, Kicks​
  • 16th: sunny, K.K. Slider​
  • 17th: sunny and rain, Daisy Mae​
  • 18th: ???, Leif​
  • 19th: sunny, C.J​
  • 20th: sunny, Kicks​
  • 21st: clear, Saharah​
  • 22nd: sunny and cloudy, Wisp, Gulliver​
  • 23rd: sunny and cloudy, K.K. Slider​
  • 24th: ???, Daisy Mae​
  • 25th: ???, Saharah​
  • 26th: ???, Redd​
  • 27th: sunny with clouds, Leif​
  • 28th: clear, Flick​
  • 29th: clear, meteor shower, Kicks, Celeste​
  • 30th: first day of snow, K.K. Slider
  • 31st: sunny, Daisy Mae​
  • 1st: clear, C.J.
  • 2nd: clear, Celeste, Leif
  • 3rd: bit of snow, Label

• 12th: bit snowy, Redd
  • 13th: bit snowy, K.K. Slider
  • 14th: clear, Daisy Mae
  • 15th: snow, Label
  • 16th: snow, Leif
  • 17th: snow, C.J.
  • 18th: clear, Saharah

Last edited:
tldr of what happened on my island until now. I don't have that much to mention.

I made a custom design somewhere in this time, and I really had a hard time making it look decent. I did the base design, thought it was too bland, and banged my head against a wall for a few weeks until i managed to be satisfied with it. I haven't tried making anything new since.

I haven't really done a lot of terraforming until recently. My plots were scattered, but I moved them all together in a neighbourhood, which took various weeks to finish. I managed to incorporate some bushes and hedges, but might change things.

I have never seen a meteor shower. I saw 2 shooting stars once at the end of march or beginning of April, and saw around 20-30 when I was working on my flower garden at the end of April/beginning of may. It actually has been raining a lot for me lately. I think in May, only for 2 or 3 days it hasn't been raining at some point.

I spent a lot of time just doing the nook miles + tasks while I was playing. I actually wasn't too annoyed with Bunny day, maybe because I wasn't playing that much before they nerfed the egg rates. I got the silver trophy for fishing tourney. It was really stressful. I really hate timers. The May day event was pretty fun to me. Loved doing the maze and talking to Rover. I hope he shows up again.

I made a second character at the end of last month/beginning of this month. It's a bit tiring to play both of them, but I learned a lot of things about shared islands during this. Some things are stupid (like shared custom designs), others are really useful like a DIY bottle for each character. I am planning to decorate the house with event/seasonal items, so no rush with expanding, but I also like the look of the small house, so maybe I will just stick to 2 rooms.

Back