• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A New 3DS bundle coming in North America?

No theyre not. Dont be scared, I just checked.

We must be looking at different websites or be in different regions, since GameStop doesn't have them available anymore. They're still listed, which is a bit irritating. That Gold LoZ 3DS XL is taunting me. </3

We must be looking at different websites or be in different regions, since GameStop doesn't have them available anymore. They're still listed, which is a bit irritating. That Gold LoZ 3DS XL is taunting me. </3

Yeah, I see that it just says More Info and then not available :/

Going to my local gamestop to pre-order it now! I called ahead of time to make sure I could. I'm so excited! I really wanted a new 3ds, but I refuse to get an XL, they're just too big for me. And I was going to get HHD, but having to get the extra peripheral for the cards would make it a little frustrating.

Plus, cute faceplates! :D

Ouch. I wasn't expecting that big of a price difference compared to US. Why does our currency suck :l
Looks like it might be a Best Buy exclusive in Canada. I haven't seen pre-orders at any other retailer yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pre-order link for fellow Canadians: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=feaa8ca0918db573acc061e68d1ad5caen02

Depressingly enough, a direct conversion would actually place it at $289 CAD... so believe it or not they're actually showing us mercy here!

Going to my local gamestop to pre-order it now! I called ahead of time to make sure I could. I'm so excited! I really wanted a new 3ds, but I refuse to get an XL, they're just too big for me. And I was going to get HHD, but having to get the extra peripheral for the cards would make it a little frustrating.

Plus, cute faceplates! :D
OH MAN. My friend and I just got our pre-orders, and apparently we got the last ones?? Talk about cutting it close! I'm so glad I went in today!

OH MAN. My friend and I just got our pre-orders, and apparently we got the last ones?? Talk about cutting it close! I'm so glad I went in today!

I'm guessing there are a ton of folks that just want the unit itself and don't care about HHD, making it extra-tough for those that actually want the HHD-specific version. It seems as though Nintendo is still having a tough time figuring out how to best meet the demands of its customers. Comment sections on many news sites include a lot of folks that are either annoyed that the N3DS is HHD or annoyed that there's no N3DSXL HHD bundle.

Maybe I'm not wise enough in the ways of marketing, but it feels as though it would've made more sense to a) announce that a follow-up, non-HHD N3DS is coming (though that's assuming they're gonna do that) to cut down on the demand for the HHD unit or b) launch a plain version at the same time as the HHD version or c) lead with an XL bundle and announce an upcoming release of the N3DS. Bleh.

I'm guessing there are a ton of folks that just want the unit itself and don't care about HHD, making it extra-tough for those that actually want the HHD-specific version. It seems as though Nintendo is still having a tough time figuring out how to best meet the demands of its customers. Comment sections on many news sites include a lot of folks that are either annoyed that the N3DS is HHD or annoyed that there's no N3DSXL HHD bundle.

Maybe I'm not wise enough in the ways of marketing, but it feels as though it would've made more sense to a) announce that a follow-up, non-HHD N3DS is coming (though that's assuming they're gonna do that) to cut down on the demand for the HHD unit or b) launch a plain version at the same time as the HHD version or c) lead with an XL bundle and announce an upcoming release of the N3DS. Bleh.

Yeah, those would've been good. This situation just happened to work out perfectly for me (which is nice, things rarely do), as I wanted the new 3ds, HHD, and specifically I also really wanted AC faceplates. But I can see how this limited release thing is a bad idea for people who just wanted the new system.

Depressingly enough, a direct conversion would actually place it at $289 CAD... so believe it or not they're actually showing us mercy here!

A small degree of mercy haha. Considering the tax in my area (5% GST), it'll bump up the price to $283.49 CAD ...and that's with free shipping.

Wondering if I can find an excuse to justify this purchase. I swear I am a responsible adult! >_>

Qu?bec had it pretty bad: If the bundle costs $279.99 CAD, then the ridiculously high taxes will raise it to $321.92, which is almost $42 more! This can be quite a turnoff for those who live in there, Ontario or even worse Nova Scotia, unless they are super fans.

Last edited:

pre-orders are going super quick!! i called yesterday & they said that although they couldn't give me a specific number, they had a very very very small amount left and that i should come in quickly if i wanted to pre-order it.

there are a lot of people ordering the bundle who just wanted the n3ds & not the game itself, which is a bit disappointing. maybe they'll release the n3ds here as a unit now?

A small degree of mercy haha. Considering the tax in my area (5% GST), it'll bump up the price to $283.49 CAD ...and that's with free shipping.

Wondering if I can find an excuse to justify this purchase. I swear I am a responsible adult! >_>

Pfft only 5%!! Guessing you must live in Alberta.

Pfft only 5%!! Guessing you must live in Alberta.

Yep! That's correct.

Qu?bec had it pretty bad: If the bundle costs $279.99 CAD, then the ridiculously high taxes will raise it to $321.92, which is almost $42 more! This can be quite a turnoff for those who live in there, Ontario or even worse Nova Scotia, unless they are super fans.

Dang. I suppose I have it easy. $321 is a lot to shell out for a handheld...

there are a lot of people ordering the bundle who just wanted the n3ds & not the game itself, which is a bit disappointing. maybe they'll release the n3ds here as a unit now?

Unfortunately, I don't think so. They made it pretty clear before that they didn't believe there was enough demand to warrant releasing the non-XL over here, and honestly as silly as it may sound, I think their reasoning for doing it this way was thus:

"Who doesn't like the XL? People with small hands! Who has small hands? Girls! Who plays Animal Crossing? Girls!"

So they just lumped it together and figured this way they could minimize losses. That's my best guess. Unfortunately, and par for the course concerning Nintendo at this point, they underestimated demand and and created too few. Will they learn from this? Probably not. :T

On the other hand, the optimistic viewpoint is that this is "testing the waters" for a market for the non-XL. Maybe they'll see they all sold out, compare the numbers with those for the regular HHD pre-orders, and then seriously consider releasing the regular new 3DS here. I'm not holding my breath for that though.

Wait, so if I have ACNL digitally on my XL when I do a system transfer I have to re download it meaning everything I have will be lost? :/ looks like I won't be transferring anything 😭😭😭😭

Wait, so if I have ACNL digitally on my XL when I do a system transfer I have to re download it meaning everything I have will be lost? :/ looks like I won't be transferring anything &#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;

I don't know where you could have gotten that. In two of three methods of system transfer, all your digital games, apps, saves, etc. are directly transferred. In one of them, everything except for games are deleted, but your save data is restored immediately when the game is redownloaded.

Your saves are safe as long as you don't mess anything up.

Back