• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

[ A New Job, A New Life ] Day 1 - A New Job, A New Life! (part 2)

Melyora

Yora of Lorelin
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Cosmos
Lump of Coal
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Orange Mote of Flame
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Classic Easter Egg
Cake
Blue Feather
attachment.php

I soon returned to Town Hall and Isabelle. She asked me about the place, and I said it was perfect, but I was worried about the payments and I was living in a tent for now. Isabelle sympathetically tried to cheer me up and suggested ways to pay for it.

We started finishing up my registration. After confirming my birthday, August 21st, she stamped a card and handed it over to me. She called it the Town Pass Card, or TPC for short, which was my proof of residency in Wildwood. I expressed my concern about the tent and not having anything to sleep on. I had my suitcase and bag for clothes, but sleeping in a tent on the cold bottom didn’t really appeal to me. “Well, I believe Reese has a bed for sale,” Isabelle told me. “She owns Retail, the recycling shop in town. You can’t miss it, it’s bright pink!,” she said cheerfully. “But I have little to no money on me now,” I lamented. “How can I afford a bed?” “You can try to pick up shells from the beach or taking the apples from the trees and sell them at Retail. That should at least allow you to buy a bed I suppose,” Isabelle answered. “I’ll check around town hall as well for some stuff. It’s getting late already, so I’ll explain more about it tomorrow! I’ll help you to get to know Wildwood and what you can do to make a living. But first!” she smiled gleefully, “I would like to invite you to your welcome ceremony at the Town Plaza! Just follow me!” There was no disagreeing with Isabelle.

We walked over to the Town Plaza, which was located on the north-east corner of town. We walked past a pink store that I recognized as Retail. The three villagers that had welcomed me were already there, plus two others I didn’t recognize. Isabelle did the introductions. The bear was named Groucho, Felicity was the kitten and Cousteau the frog, who introduced himself as a chef or cook of some kind. Then there was a rabbit with a blue polka-dot headgear, who introduced herself as Francine, whom Tom Nook had spoken of. I’m not sure what she thought of me. And then there was Nana, a pink monkey who seemed very happy to meet me. Isabelle then gave a little sapling and asked me to plant it to commemorate me becoming mayor of Wildwood. It gave me a little fright, this seemed to make this whole mayor-thing kind of official, but I couldn’t say no, right? Everybody looked so expectant and happy. Maybe I could do this. Maybe I could become the mayor of this town. Maybe I’d even become a great mayor! There was no turning back now.
I took the sapling from Isabelle and surely but carefully planted it in the ground. Isabelle then happily and seemingly proud announced me officially becoming the mayor of Wildwood!

attachment.php

After a short talk with Isabelle and the other villagers I took off to collects some shells at the beach and every apple I could find nearby. I had to take out the map to find where I could access the beach, but I found it in the end. Back I went to Retail. Inside retail I met Reese and Timmy, a young raccoon that looked like Tom Nook. Turned out he and his twin brother are Tom Nook’s nephew and they own their own shop on Main Street. After promising I’d finish soon, Reese bought my apples from me, and wow, these things are worth a fortune! I was easily able to buy the bed. Together with Reese we put it on a small tow-cart and I was able to safely bring the bed to the tent, my ‘home’.

I was starting to feel weary from this long day, when I heard Isabelle outside my tent. “Mayor Melyora? Are you there?” I opened up the tent and Isabelle scooted in. “Sorry to intrude!,” she said when she entered. “Wow! So Exciting! It’s just like you’re camping, isn’t it?! It reminds me a lot of my childhood! Anyway, Melyora, I brought you something nice!” From behind her back she handed me a lantern. She had found it in the storage of Town Hall and thought I’d be perfect for me, since I would be sleeping in a tent. I truthfully thanked her for it, because during this whole day, Isabelle has been giving me a helping hand. We talked for a little while before realizing it was already getting quite late. “I should be going!” Isabelle said. “Tomorrow will be another eventful day. I hope you’ll come see me at Town Hall, Mayor Melyora!” After wishing her a good night, she went off and I went to bed.

I wondered what tomorrow would bring with me being mayor of this little town of Wildwood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back