• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A Paper Mario Avatar

Sonicdude41

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I made this avatar based on Paper Mario. I felt bored and whipped this up. What do you think of it?

<big><big><big>Image 1:</big>
PMAvatar3.png
<big><big><big> Image 2:</big>
SuperPaperMario.png

I just like receiving input, good or bad! XD

*NOTE: I just added a new one here. Tell me what you think of either of them.

Well, I'm still learning GIMP and sig/avatar making myself....
First of all, the render (picture) isn't choppy...so thats good.
But I can say one thing...

Uhhh...The backround, and the text, really don't match. And the backround doesn't match with the picture, either.

Try to find something more Mario-ish...Text and backround-wise.

;)

Super_Sonic said:
Anyone know where I can get a Mario-like font?
You're going to need a bit more than a new font to save that to be honest...

I don't want to seem mean, but I wouldn't be showing stuff off til you start to get a bit better... so far you've improved, the render is actually cut-ish now.

You should mess around some more, stay away from brushes til you learn the basics and how to manipulate things (people that get into brushes really early usually don't stop using them ever, and all they do from then on is take someone elses creation, paste it on something, and paint their name over it.)

uhh... look at tutorials, but don't follow them, if you do what other people tell you to do, that's all you'll be good for, you need to be yourself with art, or you're not going to be anything.

show me what you're making one month from now, i'd like to see it.

Back