• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

A Real Life Perfect Pear!

MapleSilver

Frost Egg Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0436-6117-9609
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
As TBT's resident pear enthusiast, I consider it a crime that I have not eaten one of these before. Well, today one of my native pear trees ended up growing this for me (or I just bought it from the store), and now I have the opportunity to try it for myself. Its real name is an Asian Yellow Pear, or a Nashi Pear, but I have played far too much Animal Crossing to not call it a Perfect Pear.

View attachment 237631

I let Chandelure join in the picture, but it didn't get to try the pear due to lacking a mouth.

As for how this pear tastes, it definitely lives up to its Animal Crossing name. It tastes like a pear, but its texture is a lot more pleasing to bite into. It is also juicier than most normal pears I have eaten. Of course, I will have to try more of these to see how much they vary in quality. This one was very good though.View attachment 223214

Attachments

• PerfectPear.jpg
    PerfectPear.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,823
I am also a pear enthusiast!

I am always on a quest for a truly “perfect pear ��”.

This looks delicious!!!!! I’ll have to look for them in the grocery stores - they had some around Christmas just like this but I didn’t purchase them. I hope they’re still there!

Awesome post ��

All hail the asian pear. So juicy!!! It's like drinking a solid. There's also many ways to cook with and eat this kinda pear too. It's definitely a "luxury" fruit outside east asian countries because it's so expensive. (It's like blueberries and strawberries for me here) I used to buy these pears by the carton when I lived in Korea :'D

Vampnessa;bt16842 said:
That's so cool! Now I challenge you to find a "perfect orange" ;)
I had a tangelo a few months ago and it was fairly good. My next challenge is finding a yellow "perfect" peach.

Pears are honestly the best fruit, idk how anyone can dislike them! Especially actually eating one, I feel like I need to go buy some now lol

It looks like the kind 20-seiki ( 20 century ). There are kinds that's called Kousui or Housui. It's more juicy type. :rolleyes: Try them too if you ever get the chance!
Also, I had a perfect orange.

ox0tEu0.jpg

RedTropicalPeachyFish;bt16845 said:
It looks like the kind 20-seiki ( 20 century ). There are kinds that's called Kousui or Housui. It's more juicy type. :rolleyes: Try them too if you ever get the chance!
Also, I had a perfect orange.

ox0tEu0.jpg
Ah I will have to try those other varieties. Thanks for letting me know about them!

Back