• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A small thought about the TV programs in Animal Crossing

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I know it's not a big deal, but I just realized that all TV programs in contains humans. Like for the fact that you seem to be the only human there who lives with animals, there are no TV programs that contains animal characters. So, does that mean that humans in general live together with animal villagers in this universe, are they using the "Human world" TV programs since their own ones sucks, did Nintendo did it like this because it would looks better to use humans instead of animals... Or is this just a thing which has no meaning at all?

Last edited:
welcome, to our new human brethren.... 3:33 alien

Okay, but the 3:33 alien doesn't count as a actual part of the TV program. And even then it's funny how a alien try to send a message by interrupting the TV program in a world full of animals (unless the alien knows that the player, who's the only human, lives there and try to send the message to the player).

Last edited:
Some shows seem to be a reference to existing programs. News shows, quizz shows, baseball....
It seems the world has humans and animals living in somehow. I remember when I got to learn the 'sneeze' emotion Shrunk said in silence 'oh no my allergy to human is working up again'.

Maybe the world is a dystopia like Splatoon. Humans and animals live in separate provinces, there's some sort of segregation and then comes along this new visitor in the train station set to become the new mayor--- shock and awe! It is a human!
...I'll be quiet now.

Maybe the world is a dystopia like Splatoon. Humans and animals live in separate provinces, there's some sort of segregation and then comes along this new visitor in the train station set to become the new mayor--- shock and awe! It is a human!
...I'll be quiet now.

I think I remember in one of the games, some of your villagers will state they don't see many humans around this area. That would lend credence to the idea that human and animal society is largely segregated. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a Splatoon level dystopia (especially since there doesn't seem to be a lot of tension between these 2 societies), but it would explain why the only humans you talk to are by letter.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean, they're probably speaking some form of animalese

They do speak Animalese. If you listen to some of the programs like the game show, you can hear them talking.

I was pretty much joking about the dystopia, even if AC can get a little sad sometimes (like Tom Nook and the Able Sisters).
Now I'm wondering if there is a "Humanese" language.

Wait if the humans on TV speak Animalese, then they know that animals watch the show, and there might be more animals than humans watching the show? Or its possible that they're doing a voice over.

Man this thread has got me thinking.

Wait if the humans on TV speak Animalese, then they know that animals watch the show, and there might be more animals than humans watching the show? Or its possible that they're doing a voice over.

Man this thread has got me thinking.

Perhaps Animalese also happens to be spoken by a large population of humans and that's why they all speak it on TV. Though it could also be voiceovers like you said.

It seems to me like Animalese and Bebese are variants of whatever language your system is set to, rather than different languages entirely. Kind of like how people from England tend to sound different from Americans, despite both of them speaking English. After all, all the shop signs are in human languages, and there is no mention of any kind of language barrier in-game.

I'm sure that no one at Nintendo ever expected us to think about such a minute detail, but it's fun to speculate about this.

It might be that Animalese written out is the same as our human language. Which also has me thinking, that since everythin is written out in the human language, which could just be Animalese, then that means our characters can speak, read, write, understand and maybe talk-?- Animalese.

Or my faulty theroy that the humans can't actually talk, and the animals 'fill in' what the human says when they ask questions.

It might be that Animalese written out is the same as our human language. Which also has me thinking, that since everythin is written out in the human language, which could just be Animalese, then that means our characters can speak, read, write, understand and maybe talk-?- Animalese.

Or my faulty theroy that the humans can't actually talk, and the animals 'fill in' what the human says when they ask questions.

In the Happy Home Showcase, human mayors will talk in Animalese. I believe this is also the case for dream towns. This means that humans are capable of at least learning and speaking the language.

I've always hated how the humans on TV are all realistic instead of being stylized like the player character. It's not that big a deal but I really wish they'd change it. Same goes for furniture like the skeleton and the anatomical model.

Last edited:
I've always hated how the humans on TV are all realistic instead of being stylized like the player character.
Reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey, where both Mario and Pauline look cartoon-ish while the whole population of New Donk City are realistic looking humans.

Last edited:
Back