• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

About the TT 2 day ->, 2 day <- method...

Sillydraco

Silly Little Dragon
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Blue Candy
Red Candy
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Okay so I've been using this method for a while, and it's been working about 95% of the time... but sometimes it just doesn't work. Nobody pings me, nobody says someone is moving... sometimes I use the method twice and still no results :/ Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not 100% effective?

For those who don't know, you can get a random villager to move out (well, sorta random. Villager personality factors in) by time traveling two days forward, saving, then return to the day you started. If you go around, eventually someone will ping you and say they were thinking of moving out. I can attest to the effectiveness of this method, I've moved out like 6 or 7 villagers with it already :) But sometimes it doesn't work... I do check shops and do things before returning to the present, but I avoid talking to people (Molly tried to move out before I could return to the present but I told her no lol she pinged me before I could sneak past ^^").

Do you have to immediately save, then return? Does that matter? Is there anything that counters the method? Also, if you have someone in boxes, will it simply not work? I had Pippy in boxes, then TT'ed and when I came back she was gone, but nobody wanted to leave. I did the method again, and still nobody wants to leave. I'm worried that if I do it again, someone I don't want to leave will be gone or in boxes :<

Any thoughts?

Once they're in boxes, they're locked and ready to move the next day. There's nothing you can do, the boxes of hell are unstoppable DX

How many villagers do you have? TT:ing two days at a time is not safe, I recommend TT:ing one day at a time and not TT:ing back.

1) If you have 9 or 10 villagers, every second day a villager will start planning moving out of your town, unless someone is doing so already.
2) Counting from the first day they think of moving out, it will take them five days to be in boxes.
3) KEEP TRACK OF AT WHAT POINT YOU ARE AT. THIS WAY YOU WILL NEVER LOSE A VILLAGER.

Last edited:
Villagers announce moving about 7 days before hand, so TTing 2 days at a time shouldn't be a problem as long as you make sure to talk to everyone (they will say "Oh, I think X was thinking of moving") and check for pings.

I had to urgently kick out someone and I did TT 5 day and 5 back. If no one pinged then I did it by 1 day increments until I got someone to ask about moving. Bare in mind they announce 7 days before.

I had to urgently kick out someone and I did TT 5 day and 5 back. If no one pinged then I did it by 1 day increments until I got someone to ask about moving. Bare in mind they announce 7 days before.

so 1 day increments is the best way, right? but is there any chance that this method can't make villager ping to move?

I already try 2 days method, and as result, I lost my villager, she's already gone.

I have had no issues with missing a villager about to move. As long as you check all the villagers (not forgetting that villagers that plan on moving will ALWAYS be outside) before you change the date again there should be no problems. You can do it in 1 day increments but it can take longer than 7 days for someone to choose to move sometimes so its quite strenuous this way.

I have had no issues with missing a villager about to move. As long as you check all the villagers (not forgetting that villagers that plan on moving will ALWAYS be outside) before you change the date again there should be no problems. You can do it in 1 day increments but it can take longer than 7 days for someone to choose to move sometimes so its quite strenuous this way.

yeah but sometimes I just can't find the villager I want to "kick" even though I running all over the town to search for him. ~

7 days? that quite a long time.
I guess I stick to the 2 days method then, need to "kick" villager out as soon as I can. :(

When I use this method sometimes I run into villagers that just refuse to talk about moving. It seems to be certain personality types that don't like talking about moving, particularly uchi. Whenever I can't get someone to ask about moving, it's almost always Phoebe.

As long as you don't move past the future date, you should be pretty safe. When they decide to move, they'll set their date and they won't move until that date regardless of how much you TT around before that date. When I'm having a hard time, I start by talking to at least 2 neighbors until they refuse to talk to me anymore. That's usually enough to find out if someone's planning on moving. If they don't say anything I assume no one is moving, but if someone is moving and won't ping me then I trap them in holes and focus the diving trick on them.

Also, checking shops and talking to neighbors doesn't seem to affect anything. I always check the shop, the campsite, and my hybrids while I'm TTing as well as talk to a few neighbors along the way, and there doesn't appear to be any relationship between that and movers being difficult.

If they don't say anything I assume no one is moving, but if someone is moving and won't ping me then I trap them in holes and focus the diving trick on them.
Maybe you already knew this, but once you find out is who is moving but they won't ping you, you can just save and quit, start up the game again and run up to them. Then they'll ping. That's undoubtedly faster than trapping them and then waiting around in the ocean.

Last edited:
Megaphone might work to check on missing villagers? Never used it myself though.

Back