• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC 3DS house layout suggestions

toshiwoshi

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Blue Candy
there's been a lot of discussions about people wanting the GCN or DS houses back, but what if they created a new layout altogether. so i think they should have a main floor that you could upgrade to how big the GCN and Wii
houses get. and have an upstairs the same size also. but have two extra rooms to the left, like the mansions in the DS version. the same size of them too. and the basement. this would mean you get a total of 5 rooms. and instead of just having hallways and stairs leading to rooms. they should have doors, for privacy. speaking f privacy, one last note: you should be able to lock your front door! yeah that would be an awesome upgrade. since in CF the animals
could get locked out of there houses. it wouldn't hurt to add keys to carry around,m since they added bank cards.
any thoughts?

I was never a fan of all the side rooms cause I would have to move furniture just to get into the room. Someone said something about having two upstairs and two basements so you don't have annoying side rooms, which I liked.
I don't really like the locking of the door idea cause that's just one more thing to take space in your pockets.
I liked the look of the houses in the GC version best, but having doors lead to every room could get really annoying.
But of course, this is all based on everyone's opinion.

well now that i think about it, a door upstairs would be annoying :p
but the reason why i said to have doors, was because if someone wanted to use the extra rooms as like a kitchen or a bathroom etc it would be more private.

There's this picture:
xlarge_3ds_animalcr_3_scrn04_e3.jpg
So unless you can move the view around more it looks like the side rooms are back.

Instead of a lock, how about a security code that is buyable? Just give whomever you would like to be able to access it :p

Let's say a 4/5 digit code?

no. they dont need to lock doors. also WW style houses + basement = 6 rooms, yes please!

i thinkn they should probaly have like keys or security system or something like that. i dont think they should have side doors because then you have to move your furniture

They just need to make it exactly like the DS version but with the basement added. This so blatantly should have been done in CF, though, so I don't know if we can expect it.

i thinkn they should probaly have like keys or security system or something like that. i dont think they should have side doors because then you have to move your furniture
I would love this, the small rooms are good to like "rent" out to friends, for example. My friend had a new wing installed and she let me choose what theme I wanted and other stuff like the music. So there's a pretty fun idea you can use if you're not so happy about having the extra wings.

But I would also really like the basement, it was large and provided way more room the wings, and you didn't have to limit what you put in your main room, since you would most likely be blocking doors.

you mean renovations? because it is possible to add more rooms to an already built house.

This is true, a newly built house in my neighborhood was built a year or two ago. The people who moved in decided they wanted a second floor, so they got one built.

It is possible, Idk where/how/why you're getting the idea it isn't possible...

What solarshadow is trying to say is that people don't just randomly want a new room to their house every time they run out of space, they throw stuff out like what you do in the game. Adding a second story isn't the same as adding new rooms whenever you want.

Honestly, I think the room limit is enough (well in WW) in CF I kinda didn't have enough room (but to my knowledge the rooms in CF could hold a lot more furniture than in WW) but I actually themed my house in CF so I didn't get bored of it because it looked nice. In WW I kinda didn't know what to put in everyroom. I think upstairs and the room to the left were both left blank (well the room to the left displayed hybrids since I didn't have the space to put them in my drawers)

anyway, say every time you payed your mortgage off in AC:3DS you got a new room, if you hacked or had an outstanding amount of bells, you could have literally like 50 rooms in your house... That doesn't seem realistic at all.

What about being able to live in a tent so you can live in a friends town for a while.
That isn't confirmed and is complete speculation. No one has any idea really what the tent is for but the mailbox is a suggestion the player will live in it. But another screen shot was of a player in their house with and appeared to have an extension, which the tent would not feature. I guess all we can do about the tent is wait until we receive more information.

Back