• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

AHHHHH! GIMP!

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Okay, first of all, if there has already been a previous thread about this, please go ahead and lock this thread...

I just downloaded Gimp...And when it started up, I kinda freaked out. I do NOT understand it at all. I clicked brushes and stuff, but it wouldn't do anything.

Someone...Help me!

:(

yeah you need to open or star a new thing first, then you do stuff on that.

The part I found confusing was the layers, but now that I know how to use them, they are awesome!

You go to a site where they have premade render. Than you use the magic wand around the black stuff and cut it out so you only have a render. Than you copy the render into your image/sig and there you go.

OddCrazyMe said:
You go to a site where they have premade render. Than you use the magic wand around the black stuff and cut it out so you only have a render. Than you copy the render into your image/sig and there you go.
Can you walk me through that it a bit more detail...

You mean I can't just get a picture from like...Google Images, chop the whiteness around it in paint, then copy and paste it into my little gimp backround?

:huh:

I made...my very first signiture.

I'm not pleased with it, but I would like to show it to all of you. One problem...how do I put it up here?

(Thanks for putting up with all these questions, guys.)

Well do you have a site to host images on like imageshack or photobucket? either of those should work.

Back