• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Am I missing something here?

PinkWater

Oceanic Operetta Operator
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Okay, so I'm resetting Molly's plot to get her to move into the right spot. Simple, right? Well, here's the problem; due to the layout of my town, pretty much every spot is taken up by either a PWP or villager, and I only want Molly to move to one spot, the cliff on the lowest part of my town, overlooking the beach.

It's really the only place where she can stay without either ruining a path or being in my yard. I've been resetting since last night, and she has not moved to the cliffside once. Why? I thought at first she was being stubborn, but now I'm thinking it's the game not allowing her to move there for a reason. The rest of the cliff is blocked off by 3 PWPs and Drago spread along the edge, but there's a HUGE space just for her on one part.

Is the game trying to leave that spot for open for another PWP, like the lighthouse? I only plan to put up the hammock and white bench, then my PWP-building days are over, so that's super annoying. Did anything like this happen to someone else?

Well, she finally moved to a somewhat decent spot; next to Whitney on a narrow stretch of land along the river at the top left of the map and near the cliff barricading the town. I'm thinking of keeping her there. Whitney could use some company.

I'm just really sick of resetting for her plot now, ugh. Maybe I can rearrange the PWPs on the cliff, idk.

Last edited:
She's just being stubborn.. Sometimes villagers just refuse to move into certain areas for hours.. It's certainly happened with me, I tried to get Rocket into a couple of places, and it took me 4 hours to move her into a decent place.. Which actually turned into a frustrating place.. However while resetting Joey in, her spot didn't turn out so bad 'cos of where Joey plonked himself..

However Erik moved into his old spot after cycling after only an hour, and I literally wanted him in an exact spot, not one square's difference, right there.. You just gotta be patient

She is being stubborn, ducks prefer the river rather than the sea xD

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your support. :)

I'm getting paranoid over these sudden data corruption stories, so I think I'll let her stay where she is and revamp the cliffside. Molly is my final dreamy, and if the game corrupts while I vainly try to get her to the cliff, then I would just rage quit. She's not in a bad spot, I just wanted her overlooking the beach. Oh well.

Back