• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Am I the only one that feels like this?

I was at work covering a break in the electronics section and I was looking at the games and got so excited because I forgot about the new SimCity game. It looks awesome! So much of an improvement over 4.

There was a beta for it this weekend actually so I just recently played some of it. It's really fun although the city size is rather small. Hopefully they will improve that.

The hype is pretty much over for me. It will probably return when we are in the same month as the release date.

I just forget about the game until someone mentions it. Its how I stay interested.

"Oh hey yeah Animal Crossing"

then

Reginald_Fils-Aime.jpg

My excitement died. Just died due to lack of new information and the most annoying thing:

NO CONFIRMED RELEASE DATES! All I hear is "Feb/march/november/etc"

I am using the videos to show that the game is real ;) The hype is down a bit and I think I get back to it once we get the date, right now to keep the waiting from driving me nuts,been streaming games again. Computer got fix so able to play my pc games.

There was a beta for it this weekend actually so I just recently played some of it. It's really fun although the city size is rather small. Hopefully they will improve that.

In 4, you were able to have varied city sizes. That's different in this one then?

I love the Animal Crossing series as much as the next person, but I have to say that the long wait REALLY doesn't bother me...

I have got lots of unopened games to keep me busy and I am planning on getting a few new ones along the way to the eventual release of Animal Crossing New Leaf.
I am also actively playing Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube to keep me busy.

Exactly.

I have been watching Zed's Stream and i want that game so bad.....
if it gets cancelled, im gonna use my rainy day money to import it.

I love the Animal Crossing series as much as the next person, but I have to say that the long wait REALLY doesn't bother me...

I have got lots of unopened games to keep me busy and I am planning on getting a few new ones along the way to the eventual release of Animal Crossing New Leaf.
I am also actively playing Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube to keep me busy.

I agree. I have quite a few games on the backburner that still need to be beaten.

I do my best to not get overly excited for any games until I have them.

With NL, I got excited for it when it was announced and a little after that, but when everyone here started going crazy and snobby about it, it killed it for me. There are games coming out soon that I would like to get, so until AC gets a date it's on the bottom of my list.

I wish I liked other games as much but I still view other games as "A way to pass the time" until AC:NL comes out. Although I did like simcity back in the day. May have to give a 3DS version a try :)

What's sad about this is that most of everyone here is a loyal fan. Imagine how people that are more casual feel. The longer the wait, the smaller the sales will be I think, and NoA will think "oh, I guess AC:NL just isn't that popular here in America" and the same in Europe, and that'll effect decisions in the future.

I'm starting to get that same feeling I got for Monster Hunter 3DS. I was definitely going to get it when they first announced it, but now I've gotten to the point where I might as well wait to just buy Monster Hunter 4. If enough people think that way, though, NoA might think the MH series isn't doing so well here, as I'm sure they are already thinking, and might just delay priority on localizing MH4.

Now I'm sure Animal Crossing New Leaf will come out eventually here, but the longer they wait, the less support they'll have for the series, which I fear will lead to the subsequent lack of support localization for any future AC games by NoA.

I'm gonna go watch some AC:NL vids.

I am kinda depressed about it. However, every time i think about it I still feel that little rush of hope in my stomach. It has gotten a lot smaller though. Let's all try to keep hope. <3

What's sad about this is that most of everyone here is a loyal fan. Imagine how people that are more casual feel. The longer the wait, the smaller the sales will be I think, and NoA will think "oh, I guess AC:NL just isn't that popular here in America" and the same in Europe, and that'll effect decisions in the future.

I'm starting to get that same feeling I got for Monster Hunter 3DS. I was definitely going to get it when they first announced it, but now I've gotten to the point where I might as well wait to just buy Monster Hunter 4. If enough people think that way, though, NoA might think the MH series isn't doing so well here, as I'm sure they are already thinking, and might just delay priority on localizing MH4.

Now I'm sure Animal Crossing New Leaf will come out eventually here, but the longer they wait, the less support they'll have for the series, which I fear will lead to the subsequent lack of support localization for any future AC games by NoA.

I'm gonna go watch some AC:NL vids.

Considering we completely missed MHP3 and MHP3 HD, Capcom or whoever just doesn't think it's worth localizing. Obviously they do for MH3G since it's coming out in March, but the main problem MH doesn't do as well over here is the console limitations. If they weren't exclusively on one console, they would do a lot better. Regardless, I wish they would consider the MH fanbase outside of Japan.

Exactly.

I have been watching Zed's Stream and i want that game so bad.....
if it gets cancelled, im gonna use my rainy day money to import it.

it's not going to get cancelled can people stop saying this

I feel the same way. While I know a lot about the game, I don't know everything.

But even then...I'm not that excited about it anymore. No news, no videos, no dates...not even a mention. And that sucks.

Back