• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS Nintendo Direct (October 5th) Information Overview

Yay, excited that Redd sells fireworks, was this in the original gc, never seen it before?!?!?!?
is there a link to this?

Yay, excited that Redd sells fireworks, was this in the original gc, never seen it before?!?!?!?
is there a link to this?
Redd selling fireworks isn't confirmed, yes he has a stand, but that doesn't directly mean fireworks. In GC he sold fans(hand fans), pinwheels, Bunny balloons, and regular balloons at the fourth of July/Fireworks Festival.

Redd selling fireworks isn't confirmed, yes he has a stand, but that doesn't directly mean fireworks. In GC he sold fans(hand fans), pinwheels, Bunny balloons, and regular balloons at the fourth of July/Fireworks Festival.

Yeah, I don't think Redd is selling fireworks. Now that you've told me what he does in the GC version, I kinda want him to go back to selling those. Yeah, his black market was cool in WW/CF, but it did take a really long time to complete all the paintings. (It took me 3 years of almost constant playing to actually complete the paintings part)

But that does make me wonder where paintings will be sold in AC3DS... It does look like Redd wont be selling them.. Where they in the GC version or..? If they were how were they obtained in the GC?

Yeah, I don't think Redd is selling fireworks. Now that you've told me what he does in the GC version, I kinda want him to go back to selling those. Yeah, his black market was cool in WW/CF, but it did take a really long time to complete all the paintings. (It took me 3 years of almost constant playing to actually complete the paintings part)

But that does make me wonder where paintings will be sold in AC3DS... It does look like Redd wont be selling them.. Where they in the GC version or..? If they were how were they obtained in the GC?

If I remember correctly (it's been a while) Redd still sold paintings in GC, but they were always authentic. Forged paintings weren't a thing. Also, they were still sold at Nook's sometimes just like the new games.

Also, I'm confused by "Now that you've told me what he does in the GC version, I kinda want him to go back to selling those." He was pretty much the same in GC if I remember correctly except for randomly appearing (not every single week) and having no password.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly (it's been a while) Redd still sold paintings in GC, but they were always authentic. Forged paintings weren't a thing. Also, they were still sold at Nook's sometimes just like the new games.

Also, I'm confused by "Now that you've told me what he does in the GC version, I kinda want him to go back to selling those." He was pretty much the same in GC if I remember correctly except for randomly appearing (not every single week) and having no password.

Superpenguin said " In GC he sold fans(hand fans), pinwheels, Bunny balloons, and regular balloons at the fourth of July/Fireworks Festival."

I've never played the GC so I'm guessing what SP said was legit, but I do like the sound of that. So since it seems like he doesn't have the black market in AC3DS, something like that from the GC would be nice - or did he also have the black market in the GC? irdk 'cause I never played it :S

Nvm. I just googled Redd's role on the GC and it's pretty much the same. I probs misinterpreted SP's post - SP is trying to say he gives them out when it's the 4th July, and fire works festival, I thought he meant he gave them out whenever he appeared. Nvm.
But yeah, now I understand, I am thinkin' Redd's GC role is back

Last edited:
Mattmagician, thanks to you and your friend for translating the videos! They are awesome!
48 houses is a lot that this cartridge is able to hold and that you can visit random towns via internet is great! I can't wait to visit everybody's houses and towns :3 btw, the character for this dream thing... is kinda creepy, isnt
'T she? 0.o
What did the music guy mean with bait?? The music's really good, so glad they put new in it! Can't wait for the other parts, keep it up! :)

The video is so helpful :)
I was a bit confused when they were going on about the dream mansion-- you can still visit other towns when you're awake, right?!?!?

I will never get to visit anyone's town in the dream mode because I've never had anyone I can Street Pass. LOL These videos ARE awesome, though!! Thank you so much for them!

In that dream town it looked like the grass had worn away in parts they had put the patterns. :s

Hello everybody! I am Saratoga, or the translator for all the videos on the Linandko channels that you've probably been watching♪ Just wanted to say that video #5 has been posted and the last video, part #6 will be posted on Thursday morning I believe^^ I can do some translations of print things from the website if anyone wants to post them (Please post the actual image...not the location)~~.

The video is so helpful :)
I was a bit confused when they were going on about the dream mansion-- you can still visit other towns when you're awake, right?!?!?

I can answer that. I translated the video^^
Yes, you can. The dream mansion is just a way to visit other peoples towns that you normally wouldn't be able to (through people on streetpass) you can see of course use the local wifi option. The point of this direct was to show NEW things which is why they focused on that a bit. Hope that answers your question :)

I can answer that. I translated the video^^
Yes, you can. The dream mansion is just a way to visit other peoples towns that you normally wouldn't be able to (through people on streetpass) you can see of course use the local wifi option. The point of this direct was to show NEW things which is why they focused on that a bit. Hope that answers your question :)

ohhhhh, i get it now. Thanks :)

Hello everybody! I am Saratoga, or the translator for all the videos on the Linandko channels that you've probably been watching♪ Just wanted to say that video #5 has been posted and the last video, part #6 will be posted on Thursday morning I believe^^ I can do some translations of print things from the website if anyone wants to post them (Please post the actual image...not the location)~~.

Good to see you joined ;D

Could you please translate this? It's from the Nintendo Direct and it's some of the outdoor furniture when Shizu says "these are what the villagers are asking for" or something img.jpg

Could you please translate this? It's from the Nintendo Direct and it's some of the outdoor furniture when Shizu says "these are what the villagers are asking for" or something View attachment 1671

Yes, it's no problem. This is not the right thread for this though. Please post in the Translation one from now on^^;

first column:
park bench, plastic bench, japanese style bench, well, fountain, clock

second column: Lamp, Stone statue, fire hydrant, "my design" board, Face cut out board, I can't read this one...the kanji is too blurry & picture quality too bad.

third column: first two are crossed out...makes it hard to read, you couldn't have posted a clean one?, round sign, round topiary, square topiary, tulip topiary,

Last edited:
Yes, it's no problem. This is not the right thread for this though. Please post in the Translation one from now on^^;

first column:
park bench, plastic bench, japanese style bench, well, fountain, clock

second column: Lamp, Stone statue, fire extinguisher, "my design" board, Face cut out board, I can't read this one...the kanji is too blurry & picture quality too bad.

third column: first two are crossed out...makes it hard to read, you couldn't have posted a clean one?, round sign, round topiary, square topiary, tulip topiary,
don't you mean fire hydrant?

Back