• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing = highest-debuting Nintendo 3DS game

That's amazing how big the number is! Though I don't know why anyone would buy a glorious game like this digitally. I prefer physical copies to be honest.

How popular is Animal Crossing in NA compared to Japan anyway?

That's amazing how big the number is! Though I don't know why anyone would buy a glorious game like this digitally. I prefer physical copies to be honest.

Probably not as popular.

It isn't nearly as popular per capita, but it still does pretty well. Japan is a highly mobile country, and their biggest gaming market is handheld consoles. Their PSVita would be our PS3, 3DS our WiiU and so on. I do not doubt in the least that ACNL will be a huge hit here, and I have no doubt that it'll boost 3DS sales, but I don't think we could match JA if we wanted to. It's a completely different feel towards gaming over there.

Back