• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: Jump Out Wiki?

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
I apologize if there already is a thread concerning this topic, but I didn't found anything with the advanced search.

So. I wonder if there already exists a wiki concentrating on Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

For former versions of the game, I always looked up the information on Animalxing. It's not a real wiki, but it has all the important information. Anyway, this site seems to be idle now. I have been waiting for months to see them updating about the new game... but nothing came.

I wonder where I can search for information (like how to get a specific eye style) when I finally get the game. Of course, there is enough time until then, but furthermore I want to create a German wiki since there is no good one yet. And in order to do that, I want to look some things up in other wikis and see how they structured their pages and so on.
It would be too late to start with that when I finally get the game myself, so I hope to find some information spread by our japanese friends.

(I could only find this one: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_Jump_Out
But it is like only one page concentrating on JO, not informing about all the new aspects like the model homes, the new flowers, the unconfirmed tree hybrids and so on.)

Do you know a wiki that already collects information about AC:JO? Or do you have one yourself?
ps: Of course I do not want to steal other's work. I just need something like a guideline.
:)

Last edited:
Don't go there. They're stupid and wiki's aren't reliable.

Don't go there. They're stupid and wiki's aren't reliable.

Some wikis are somewhat reliable, like most AC ones have factual information, I really wouldn't go on any wiki site right now until the game is released though.

Some wikis are somewhat reliable, like most AC ones have factual information, I really wouldn't go on any wiki site right now until the game is released though.

But why not? The wikis shown above don't really look reliable, I agree.
Still, I would only write down the facts that are already confirmed. Like the title, new villagers, the island-facts and so on. A wiki has to grow, it can't be built in one day (of course). And I think that it will be too late if I start writing down all those facts when the game is released in Europe. Additionally, the information can be edited afterwards if something turns out to be incorrect.

I would really like to find a reliable source like http://animalcrossing.wikia.com, but with more information about JO. If there is no such wiki yet, I think I have to be the first one. Unfortunetely, I won't be able to write in English since my English is full of mistakes. No one would like to read that. :(

But why not? The wikis shown above don't really look reliable, I agree.
Still, I would only write down the facts that are already confirmed. Like the title, new villagers, the island-facts and so on. A wiki has to grow, it can't be built in one day (of course). And I think that it will be too late if I start writing down all those facts when the game is released in Europe. Additionally, the information can be edited afterwards if something turns out to be incorrect.

I would really like to find a reliable source like http://animalcrossing.wikia.com, but with more information about JO. If there is no such wiki yet, I think I have to be the first one. Unfortunetely, I won't be able to write in English since my English is full of mistakes. No one would like to read that. :(

That's what TBT is for...

That's what TBT is for...
Well... no. Not really.
It's a forum in which you can discuss things. Still, the information isn't structured, it's totally messed up and spread in thousands of pages. Finding specific information that others might be looking for is rather difficult. Moreover, people answering to others by quoting their posts makes it hard to follow a discussion for someone who is new to the topic.

And that is what a wiki is supposed to do.
To structure information and to make it very easy to find specific things and to further introduce into a topic. And then it connects the different pages with similar topics by linking them (just like: shops - Able sisters - Sable - Mabel - Accessoires - Clothing - Hats - Gracie Grace - Labelle and so on).
You can never get to this by using a forum.

Last edited:
TBT is the best reliable source of information on AC3DS right now.

The convenience of having links to go to specific bits of information is nonexistent here, but we do have all of the information, which is something no other site has. It's just not as easy to get to due to the discussions.

Jake's thread and Justin's blog(http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?58884-AC-3DS-Information-Thread http://ac3dsblog.com/) are our only structured bits where you can find things easily.

TBT is the best reliable source of information on AC3DS right now.

The convenience of having links to go to specific bits of information is nonexistent here, but we do have all of the information, which is something no other site has. It's just not as easy to get to due to the discussions.

Jake's thread and Justin's blog(http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?58884-AC-3DS-Information-Thread http://ac3dsblog.com/) are our only structured bits where you can find things easily.

Yeah I know that, but again, it's not a wiki. Just because there is no other reliable source yet doesn't mean that a wiki is not the best place to structure the given information. And if there is no good wiki yet, why not start one? It's always good to start early in order to get to the top.

Ok, so if there is no good wiki that can help me, someone might close this thread now. :)

I was going to suggest someone make a wiki, but I don't know how they work.

A wiki would be pointless if anyone can just go on and edit things/make an account and edit things.
If there is any sort of way to make it so only certain people can make articles on it, then yeah, a wiki would be a great place to put all of the information we have.

A wiki would be pointless if anyone can just go on and edit things/make an account and edit things.
If there is any sort of way to make it so only certain people can make articles on it, then yeah, a wiki would be a great place to put all of the information we have.

I think this is possible with websites like wikia. As an administrator you have to "accept" registrations, I think. :) Or at least you have to unlock new or edited articles before they go online.

The acwiki3ds wikispace is pretty reliable for now. I'm pretty active there and monitor the activity.

This is the wiki I use, Nookipedia. Here's the link for the 3DS page http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_Jump_Out. It's very reliable and has pictures, videos, and even though it's all the games put together on the website, they include all the information on seperate pages (like the villagers and seprate shops). I don't know if they've started making the 3DS pages yet, though. I know they have a few of them already.

I think what the OP is looking for is a wiki dedicated to just the 3DS game. Not just a single page. I can see the appeal honestly, this game is very different from the previous games and it could be useful to have one just for AC3DS.

There is this one (http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/) but honestly I question who is running that... looks pretty bad from a first look.

For that purpose, you're probably gonna benefit from a site with a CMS installed. Wiki software is generally built in mind for everyone to be able to edit.

If we were to make a wiki or website for this kind of thing, we should wait until we know the official English title first.

Last edited:
Plus when the game comes out and players find out more about the game themselves, I'm sure users here will begin to put up guides and other useful tidbits. Forums aren't only for discussion.

With that, surely a master thread will be created with all users contributions added for easy access. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. : p

acwiki3ds is ran by a user named Nook29 and a few others. Right now it's very dumpy, but if you take a look at their city folk wiki it's pretty good. One of the best in my opinion.

When I was thinking of getting City Folk I looked at this wiki. It was so organised and structured and had pages on the side so you can easily go to each topic you were wondering about. I always went there when I needed to search for information of fishes and information of incoming events. This is the website: http://accf.wikispaces.com/ They have a JO too, but it is a bit dumpy at the moment. However, if you can make a wiki great as the one above, I am totally on board with your wiki idea. At the moment TBT is the best information 'wiki' at the moment, so my suggestion is go to Jake's information thread for the information (first page is organised with info), look at the structure of the wiki I added on this post and give it a go! It would be great if you could make it English though. To me your English is superb and if you are worried about it, it would be fine to team up with other people. Anyway, about the people can edit whatever they want issue, on the wiki above I am pretty sure that you have to run by your edit on the discussion page on each topic, let administrators know and have a 'rule' page. If anybody steps out of line of the rules, eg: bullying, editing without reason, spamming, messing everything up, administrators can ban them.

Anyway, please make a wiki and take a look at the one I sent you. It was great! If it was not what you were looking for, it has a link page that links to other useful websites. Good luck, have a go and show me your progress! :)

Okay, wooow.

Nookipedia looks good and will most likely get larger when the game finally releases... well.

I don't doubt that there are a lot good English wikis, which is why I asked you to name some. But unfortunetely, we have no good German wiki. At least that's my opinion... so that's basically the reason why I thought about starting one.

@Justin, that's exactly what I mean! I feel like... like if there is a wiki and it has information about all Animal Crossing-games, you can easily get confused... because there are more fish in one game than in another, and there is furniture that you can buy in different shops for each game, so... that's why I think someone should only concentrate on the new game. (Because I guess that there will be a lot people who will buy this game without ever having heard about the other ones).

So... well, there is an option to translate articles, I think. If an English speaking visitor wants to read it, he can read them in English. If a German speaking visitor wants to read it, he can choose German as language. Of course, every article has to be written twice then, in different languages. I'm not sure if I can handle that alone... but if some people are interested in helping or even being administrator, I would be very glad.

Back