• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf has passed 3.8 million copies sold

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
acnewleafprintsmoney.gif

As of March 31st, Nintendo has sold 3.86 million copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, including both physical copies at retail and digital copies on the Nintendo eShop. This is an incredible number considering that the game hasn't even been released worldwide yet.

It certainly will be interesting to see where the sales numbers end up after the game is released in North America, Europe, and other regions. Anyone want to take a guess in the comments?

Read the full article at ACNewLeaf.com: http://acnewleaf.com/2013/04/24/animal-crossing-new-leaf-has-passed-3-8-million-copies-sold/

It continues... haha.

My 3DS eats money :< but hot damn that is good. I wonder if it will surpass 6 million or 7 million worldwide

Can someone put this in perspective for me? How many units does say, a mario game or something dumb like Call of Duty sell in its first 6 months?

Can I put that in the thread "Images that actually made you lol" =p

Really, though. I'm happy that they've sold so many! I wonder if NL had been a release title, would they have sold more 3DSs?

Wow you can really see the difference between WW and CF. I personally prefer AC as a handheld game, maybe they'll focus on them rather than trying to crank out one for every system.

WW sold something like 13 million copies..I wouldn't doubt that NL will be just as much if not more once released worldwide.

Minecraft sold 10 million copies.

Black Ops II

Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game grossed over $500 million, beating 2011's Modern Warfare 3 to become the biggest entertainment launch of all time. It went on to sell 7.5 million copies in November 2012, making it the highest grossing game of the month

Dang, I never imagined Animal Crossing was popular enough to sell that many copies! I wonder how many copies will be sold in the US.

Black Ops II
Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game grossed over $500 million, beating 2011's Modern Warfare 3 to become the biggest entertainment launch of all time. It went on to sell 7.5 million copies in November 2012, making it the highest grossing game of the month

I don't want to live on this planet anymore... /facepalm

Two things I've learned today:

3.8 million copies of New Leaf was sold since March 31st, and 1.5 million Pet Rocks were sold in 6 months

The gif cracks me up btw

Have a look on this site http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?pag...latform=&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=GL. Animal Crossing New Leaf is already in the top 300 best selling games of all time, I believe? Wild World sold 11.85 million copies in total. In a year and a month Wild World sold 3.8 million copies in Japan.

I did not realise that that puts it as the most sold 3DS game in Japan, and second is only at around the 2 million units sold. That's amazing.
And according to that site AC:NL is an Action game! That little red hammer item to hit villagers must be epic.

Ugh, I cannot tell you how much I want that hammer. Antonio and Rasher, you're first.......

I'll only bother with it if someone can prove that using it will make it more likely that villager will move out. The net/pitfalls and shoving just stresses villagers out for a few seconds and then they're over it. I frequently attacked Tiffany in CF and she stayed for 3 years, until I eventually learned of a way to force her out.

Back