• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 474: Set fire to the rain

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Today, I exited my house only to be greeted by the patter-patter of rain! And it was a good thing it did, as I'd forgotten to water a lot of flowers yesterday! I'll be so glad when I can reinstate the Beautiful Town ordinance after Weeding Day is over... To celebrate the rain, I broke out my umbrella (which I hardly ever use anymore, even in the rain)! Here's a nice pic of me by the fountain with my out-of-retirement flame umbrella.

View attachment 234938

By the way: Anyone who gets the joke in the title of this post has my undying respect. xD

Still, I had several things to do today, namely digging fossils and talking to my villagers. I saw Walker was home, so I visited him a while. He wanted me to catch him a butterfly, but since it was already midday and raining, I unfortunately had to decline. To make it up to him, I wrote him a nice letter later and sent it to him. I found Astrid in the rose garden by her house, and I immediately set to work talking to her. The first time, she asked if I wanted to buy a monkey shirt off her, and I agreed to make her happy. But the second time I talked to her, it happened. Happily, I was able to convince her to stay in town! She seemed very happy to be staying in Animalia, and also said she hoped we could stay friends. I still might get rid of her in the future if worst comes to worst, but as of right now, she's staying put. :)

View attachment 234939

I saw that a lot of my villagers were in their houses on this wet and rainy day. Lolly was home, and I saw that she had put out her modern wood lamp I had her buy in Re-Tail. I'd rather her put it where the grape-stripe shirt is, but it does look nice.

View attachment 234940

And Punchy, to my delight, had put the mini cactus I gave him for his birthday in his house, thankfully getting rid of one of his random fish/bugs in the process. I'd like it better if it was facing the front so you could see more cactus, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

View attachment 234941

While at Punchy's, he sold me a sleek wall for a fairly cheap price. Heading back out, I found most of the day's fossils around the playground area, and also watered a few wilted tulips just because I would like more hybrids. Rosie had something that she said Astrid forgot at her house, and I was happy to deliver it back to the resident town gossip. I found Astrid a bit later by the town tree, and she was very happy to get her shirt back that she lost. As thanks, she gave me a space shuttle! Dang!

Re-Tail was buying turnips for only 83 Bells this morning, but after noon, the price jumped to 135. I decided to wait at least until tomorrow morning to see if they would go up any higher, a decision I hope I don't regret. Back by my east bridge, Mira wanted to sell me a kung-fu shirt for 700 bells, and I said no way. She dropped the price down to 210 bells, and I bit at that price. Eugene was by Al's house (who I fortunately didn't see today...I'm trying to ignore him, honestly), and I knew the little guy would be so happy to hear that his potential girlfriend would be sticking around town. He also wanted some new furniture, but the only thing I saw in the shop later that would fit his house was a metal guitar, which he already has...go figure. Back at the bridge, I found that Mira had given Rosie Savannah's "y'all" catchphrase. This must be stopped! Nevertheless, I think Rosie was still trying to come on to me.

View attachment 234942

Speaking of Savannah, she pinged me a bit later, and gave me an astro TV. I'm getting a lot of sci-fi related furniture as rewards today! Up on Main Street, I found Apollo in T&T Emporium, and he said that if the store had a food court, it would be perfect. That's actually not a bad idea for the next game...hmm. Next door at the Able Sisters, I bought a paperboy cap for my catalog. I also found a crown, but at one million bells, that thing is a ripoff if I've ever seen one. Back in town, Savannah was in her house this time, and she asked me to get her a piece of fruit. I headed to the nearest fruit tree and got an orange for her, which she seemed to enjoy. As thanks, she gave me a gelato shirt.

To end my afternoon, I headed to the Roost to get out of the rain. Today, I found Don Resetti sitting at the bar (wow, both Resetti brothers in three days!), and he told me he doesn't like any milk in his coffee. Duly noted! After having a cup myself, I settled in to work the lunch hour rush.

Roost spoilers follow!

Apollo was my first customer, and I only knew he liked a little milk and 1 sugar. I guessed blend coffee for him, but that was apparently wrong. Thankfully, he was understanding, saying it takes a lot to master coffee-making.
Astrid came in next, and again, I had part of the info for her. I knew she likes Blue Mountain, but 3 milk and sugars were too much for her. So I guessed at 2 of each...and that was wrong. Oh well, at least acknowledged that I used the right coffee beans...
My third customer was Mira, and I only knew that she liked Kilimanjaro (or "Kiliman", as she once said she likes to call it). I took a wild guess at a little milk and one sugar, and that was correct! Maybe today wouldn't be a total flop after all!
Last up was Gracie, and I had literally nothing on her in my notes. I tried a blend with a little milk and one sugar, but I only got the beans right. Still, she acknowledged that it was her fault for not telling me what she wanted!

View attachment 234943

After that less-than-stellar shift, Brewster gave me my good coffee beans, and I called it a day. I saw all my villagers today (hideous bug-eyed gorilla not included!), so that made me pretty happy. To boot, I also got Astrid to stay in town, and that in and of itself makes this day worthwhile!

Tomorrow, I'll have a special announcement, so be sure not to miss it! Mayor Steven out!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 037.JPG
    3DS Pics 037.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 444
  • 3DS Pics 006.JPG
    3DS Pics 006.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 3DS Pics 009.JPG
    3DS Pics 009.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 3DS Pics 010.JPG
    3DS Pics 010.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 3DS Pics 035.JPG
    3DS Pics 035.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 3DS Pics 056.JPG
    3DS Pics 056.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 22
The title and the first photo go together, don't they? I'm going to have that song stuck in my head, now. :p

I'm so glad you were able to keep Astrid from moving! I know you were hoping to get her to change her mind, and it's nice that you didn't have to jump through too many hoops to do it. Next project: working on getting Al to ping, right?

My Lolly swapped her modern wood lamp for a sleek lamp. I'm going to have to fix that soon. It makes me think of that new spin-off Designer game that's supposed to be out this fall. Maybe we'll be able to keep the villagers using the furniture we want them to have in that game. It would be a hollow victory, but still. That being said, your Lolly's house is looking rather nice.

Punchy's house is really looking great. I love the blue furniture in there, and the little kitchenette area in the back corner.

I'm amazed that Gracie admitted to being wrong. I didn't think she ever acknowledged that! I'm not a huge fan of hers, as I'm sure you've noticed. ;)

Ooh! A special announcement? Can't wait to see what it is!

WATCHED IT BURN, AS I TOUCHED YOUR FACE.
I actually have never heard that song, but I do know it thanks to the internet.

I'm glad you could convince Astrid to stay without much trouble. :) Now she better make amends with Eugene or it will all be for naught.

The organization of your Lolly's house actually gave me an idea. With her wall and floor her house seems like it should be a combination of modern wood and kitchen items, as your Lolly has successfully accumulated. Now I know what to start sending to my Lolly and her mess of a home. x) I like Punchy's house, too. He's really got it together.

And hey, don't be knocking on the 'y'all'! It is a very decent linguistic here in the south. d: Although...I'm not sure Mira could pull it off. Rosie would be cute saying it, though. Who also, by the way, is super adorable with her little crush on you. ^_^

Back