• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 499: Call the police!

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Only one day to go before Day 500, and you know what that means: it's time to reveal where my police station will be placed! :D

I want to thank all my readers for helping me make this important decision; I couldn't have done it without you guys. As you know, you had four choices of where my modern police station would go (re-read the posts tagged with "police station placement" if you want to see the options again), and we now have a winner.

By unanimous decision, the winner is:

*drumroll*

View attachment 235112

TO THE RIGHT OF THE PLAZA!!! Pretty much everyone who weighed in on this agreed that the police station would look best here, and I am inclined to agree. I would have liked it on the other side as well, but it doesn't seem as cramped here, and I can easily landscape the area to fit the theme of the building.

Speaking of landscaping, I've been busy the past few days as well, getting prepared for my new police station! I demolished the illuminated tree and moved the instrument shelter where it used to be, and also planted a few saplings and bushes around the new police station. Hopefully, they won't die, and end up looking nice!

View attachment 235110
View attachment 235109
View attachment 235111

And no, that isn't my TARDIS design, I found it in a random dream town!

After I got the station in just the right place (which took quite a while, actually), I paid it off, and set off on my daily walk around town. Astrid pinged me, saying she planned to move on the 14th. I quickly put a stop to that...she and Eugene still have a ways to go before their relationship truly shines. But she did offer up an interesting tidbit about her in the process:

View attachment 235113

Yikes! I've heard of boxing kangaroos, but a kung fu kangaroo?! Remind me never to make Astrid mad!! O-O

Walker wanted a perfect fruit, so I got him a perfect cherry from my storage. He loved it, and gave me a range as thanks. Speaking of kitchen equipment, Rosie wanted to sell me a deluxe range for 3,840 Bells. Since I already had one, I had to decline. She then offered it to me for free, and I had to take it then. Punchy wanted me to catch him a goldfish, but he already has one in his house!! What does he need another one for, so the other one can have a friend or something? Still, despite all my fishing today, I was somehow sadly unable to find a goldfish for him. Mira had thought up a new nickname for me: "S-man". I agreed to let her call me that. It's better than "Little S", honestly...

Redd was in town today, but I already had the legit piece of art he had for sale (the graceful painting). Eugene pinged me later, and gave me a happi tee. I guess that's fitting, as I'm "happi" he and Astrid will both be in my town for the foreseeable future!

Other than a few visits from friends, and fishing and bug-catching to replenish my Bells I lost paying off the police station, that was pretty much all that took place today. I can't wait to see how the police station looks tomorrow...hopefully I didn't make a huge mistake by building it! I've been on the fence for so long, wondering whether it was worth it all...

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 015.JPG
    3DS Pics 015.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 3DS Pics 016.JPG
    3DS Pics 016.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 3DS Pics 021.JPG
    3DS Pics 021.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 3DS Pics 014.JPG
    3DS Pics 014.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 3DS Pics 001.JPG
    3DS Pics 001.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 16
Yay! It looks so good there. :D And I love the Instrument Shelter there, too! Overall great decision.

Back