• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Days 506 & 507: It's a hammer, it's a saw, it's Screwdriver Man!

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
And I'm back, to chronicle yesterday and the day before! Let's get to it!

As I exited my house yesterday, I was told by Isabelle that the Fishing Tourney was underway. I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate or not, so I took care of a few things first. In my mail was a letter from Lolly with a dapper tee enclosed (how thoughtful!), and a letter from Gulliver, who sent me a Merlion from Singapore. Heading around town, several of my villagers were out with their fishing rods, but as usual, no one would talk about anything except the Fishing Tourney. I did stop in to see several villagers inside their houses, though, and found that Savannah had gotten rid of her vibraphone, leaving a big empty space behind her house. I later found it in Re-Tail, bought it, and mailed it back to her.

Over at the plaza, I found out from Chip that today's Tourney fish was the sea bass. I considered myself lucky in this regard, since they're freaking EVERYWHERE. But before I set out catching anything, I headed up to Main Street to check the shops, where I found that Gracie was having her end-of-season sale today. For those not in the know: when a season changes, Gracie changes what style of furniture she has in stock. So when June rolls around, Gracie will no longer be carrying the princess furniture (I think next up is the Gracie furniture). Also, she has the limited-edition card furniture set up, which I really like. The only piece I don't have from this set is the card closet, which I'm keeping my eyes peeled for.

View attachment 235162

Sadly, as you can see from my Bells, I didn't bring nearly enough today. :blush:

After this, I had Blathers assess my fossils, headed back below the tracks where I sold most of my daily findings at Re-Tail, and whipped out my fishing rod. Chip informed me that Astrid was in first place with a 44.6-inch sea bass, so I set out to see what I could reel in. I caught several sea bass (seriously, they aren't that hard to find!), none of which were over 44.6 inches. Still, I brought them all back to Chip in increasing size, and my last one measuring 36.7 inches took third place. As a reward, Chip gave me a sink.

View attachment 235163

I didn't feel like fishing any more today, so I just decided to let the chips fall where they would. I turned the game off to get some sleep--still feeling the effects of the stomach flu ):--and came back sometime after 9PM so I could attend the ceremony. As it turns out, my third-place sea bass had been beaten, but I wasn't mad, as three of my favorite villagers all placed.

View attachment 235164

Today, I was feeling much better, and played quite a bit more. I bought 300 turnips from Joan for 96 Bells each, so hopefully the stalk market will be kind to me. Astrid pinged me outside her house, telling me she wanted to move on the 22nd. But you won the Fishing Tourney! Do you feel like you've accomplished everything in town or something? Besides, Eugene would be devastated! I fortunately convinced her to stay. Rosie wanted a cherry, and I headed to the nearest cherry tree to pick her one. She loved it, and gave me a pinball machine as thanks.

Up by my yellow bench, I found a lost book, and headed around town to try to find its owner. I spoke to pretty much every villager who was awake, and found that it was Punchy's book: specifically, his "Screwdriver Man #7" comic book.

View attachment 235165

I've honestly heard of crazier superhero names... As thanks, Punchy gave me a robo-table (matches the robo-lamp I found the other day in his fridge!). Walker had a present he wanted delivered to Eugene, and I was happy to help him out. It turned out to be a frog costume, which Eugene said he'd try on later. Thank goodness...it would have looked very silly on him, I think. As thanks, Eugene gave me an apple.

After checking Main Street (where I found a blue ringmaster coat for my catalog), assessing my fossils, and selling what I'd found, I thought I'd check the Roost. I found Phineas there, and chatted with him a while. He said he'd like to give a badge to someone who's attended a lot of K.K. Slider concerts, which means I must be closest to getting that badge next. Unfortunately, I always forget to go see K.K. every Saturday night...I'm either busy or I just plain forget. So I guess it'll be a while before I get the next K.K. Slider badge. :(

View attachment 235166

Rosie gave me a cycling shirt a while later, and I picked a flea off Savannah, but that was pretty much all that happened today.

YAY, I'm caught up again! Tune in tomorrow for another slice of my life! :D

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 041.JPG
    3DS Pics 041.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 040.JPG
    3DS Pics 040.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 048.JPG
    3DS Pics 048.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 093.JPG