• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anime!

I am watching episode 18 of Monster. It's pretty good, an insta-favorite almost. Before that I watched all the English OVA's of Hellsing. I'm not sure whether to start another series after Monster or finish Yu Yu Hakusho, which I am about halfway through.

Has anybody ever watched any of the Gundam series? I remember watching SD Gundam when I was 10 or so and I loved it but never watched any after that.
Yep. I watched Gundam Wing as I was growing up, followed by Gundam Seed as I was a bit older.
I just finished the first season of Oreimo last night and planning to start the second season soon. I find the brother-sister complex to be hilarious, though Kirino needs to fix up her attitude. (Definitely glad she isn't my sister...)

I ended up dropping Devil Survivor 2 because I was losing interest; the characters are quite flat imo. Perhaps I'm too quick to judge seeing as how we're only 6 episodes in atm. I'll probably pick it up again once the series is complete.

I'm trying to complete Michiko To Hatchin. Its this latino south american style crime-gang drama, about this chick who hunts down her kid she gave away ages ago, and now they're on the run on a moped trying to find the kids farther. Cowboy Bebop-ish.

I ended up dropping Devil Survivor 2 because I was losing interest; the characters are quite flat imo. Perhaps I'm too quick to judge seeing as how we're only 6 episodes in atm. I'll probably pick it up again once the series is complete.

Oh, oh? Why else did you dislike it? I was actually thinking about watching it, since I'm not watching too much from this season!

Umm, but at the moment I'm watching Karneval, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?, Oreimo 2, Suisei no Gargantia and Tamako Market: Dera's Bar.

1) Karneval is decent, but I still feel like there are too many questions they need to answer... And I think they wasted too much time on the plot with Yotaka and Tsubame... It was good, but episode 6 was just a dragged-out episode. They seem to go in patterns: Action episode, break episode, action episode, break episode and etc. I mean it sure is a surprise to get a break episode in between all the mayhem of Karneval so... meh, it's decent.

2) I have no words for Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. None at all. I was speechless just after the first episode. I think I'll leave it at that.

3) Oreimo 2... I'm a bit behind on it so I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I like how it's going so far, actually. Apart from the end of episode 4 and... Yeah, I really hope that they don't drag this little joke out too far. :x

4) Suisei no Gargantia: I think this is the best thing I'm watching so far this season! It's a really quirky and charming anime and if you're not watching it I highly recommend it.

5) Dera's Bar... Well, eh, it's nothing special. Tamako Market I guess.

Recently I started Madoka and it's better than I expected, but I tried more devil survivor 2... Uhg uhg uhg. Getting worse. It's just so generic. The main characters don't have much of a personality, and the main character just yells more whenever something hard is in his way. I don't often give up on shows, but I think it's too late for this one to catch my attention.

Wait, FS posting? wat.

Anyways, I completely forgot about Hyouka, great Anime. The characters are a few of my favorites, and it has one of the best MCs from KyoAni/2012 in general

Anyways, I completely forgot about Hyouka, great Anime. The characters are a few of my favorites, and it has one of the best MCs from KyoAni/2012 in general

I agree. I'm a big fan of KyoAni as it is anyway, and Hyouka is probably my favourite work by them and one of my favourite anime in general. I'm not even sure, really, the plot was pretty standard and simple as far as anime goes, but I think maybe it was the atmosphere it gave off that I really liked, including the characters too of course. Plus the animation is amazing too... I don't know what there is not to love about it. :3

I'm trying to complete Michiko To Hatchin. Its this latino south american style crime-gang drama, about this chick who hunts down her kid she gave away ages ago, and now they're on the run on a moped trying to find the kids farther. Cowboy Bebop-ish.

Ohhh, I watched that; I liked it, but I didn't finish all of it. :)

I agree. I'm a big fan of KyoAni as it is anyway, and Hyouka is probably my favourite work by them and one of my favourite anime in general. I'm not even sure, really, the plot was pretty standard and simple as far as anime goes, but I think maybe it was the atmosphere it gave off that I really liked, including the characters too of course. Plus the animation is amazing too... I don't know what there is not to love about it. :3

The production value of Hyouka is top-notch.

Gurren Lagann was added to Crunchyroll recently, so I'll probably pick that up.

^Tell me if it's good or not, I started it and just got bored.

I didn't like Gurren Lagann, I think that it's pretty bland and overhyped because Yokos pretty damn FINE

Attack on Titans episode today omggg

i keep meaning to watch cowboy bebop from beginning to end because I've seen a few episodes on adult swims anime night and liked it but itll end up like how i am right now with evangelion

aka watches 9 episodes and forgets to watch the rest for 6 months and then cant remember where i left off

I'm currently watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and loving it, it's so over the top that it's actually really good e_e

Crunchyroll has ruined any productivity and motivation I possessed recently by throwing anime at me. Joined initially to watch Oreimo 2, got bored waiting for episodes to become free so I started watching My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, followed by Sword Art Online, Toradora (nooo paywall! ;-;), and now I've started Photo Kano. I've got Attack on Titan queued but haven't watched it yet, is it pretty good?

Crunchyroll has ruined any productivity and motivation I possessed recently by throwing anime at me. Joined initially to watch Oreimo 2, got bored waiting for episodes to become free so I started watching My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, followed by Sword Art Online, Toradora (nooo paywall! ;-;), and now I've started Photo Kano. I've got Attack on Titan queued but haven't watched it yet, is it pretty good?
In my opinion it is. It's action packed with its quirks. Though I do warn you, you might be a little shocked - w -.

Yeah Attack on Titan is completely filled with graphic scenes and death. But I for one have really loved it so far! I hate that I have to keep waiting for a new ep once a week though XD

Back