• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

[Answered!] How does villager cycling work?

Theatricalis

✨ altair representative ✨
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6921-1743-0124
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Cake
Cake
I know that you can get villagers you had previously once you complete a cycle, and so I really want to get through one. I was time traveling to regrow grass in my town, and everything was working great. I prevented Antonio and Chops from moving out, though Cookie moved out and I'm really, really upset about it. So I want to know how this cycling thing works so that I can work on getting one of my best friends back.

Edit: Answered! Thanks so much, everyone! ^-^

Last edited:
You just do the two days forward-two days backwards technique and get rid of the villagers you don't want. (I'm assuming you know what I'm talking about, but if you don't I can explain :))

Last edited:
So I just keep time travelling two days forward/back and kicking out villagers I don't want? How many villagers does it take leaving to be able to get a previous one?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to do something wrong and lose one of my other favorite villagers. ._.

You need to move out 16 villagers, whether it's from the Void or another town. There were a lot of rumors and lots of people carelssly spread them, but I believe the 16 Villager Cycle is needed.

16? Wow, I'll be working on this for a while then...

Thanks so much, everyone! ^-^

I don't know about how the 16 villager thing works, though. For example, I've had at least 16 villagers move out after Benedict, and he moved out before Kyle. And yet Benedict is still in my cycle and Kyle isn't. :/

Back