• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

any new techniques getting villagers 2 move?

MamaMyers

Michael Myers Mom
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
for 2 WEEKS I have been trying to get Freya to move, she freaking refuses! im started to get aggravated...I have ignored her, I have tried making friends then ignoring her again. Gone ahead 2 days n back 2 days..gone ahead MONTHS day by day..everyone BUT her asks to leave several times :( I even push her and piss her off but she just wont leave.

I was going to suggest that it's because (according to your sig) you only have 7 villagers, but then I realised Freya isn't on that list. Anyway, yesterday I talked to Victoria for the first time in at least a month, next time she came up to me was to tell me she's leaving. I wonder if it has to be more than two weeks of ignoring? I know it was more than two weeks for me to get Puddles to move out too.

Create a new Character

Introduce yourself to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Play everyday for 7+ days. and the person should move out. Your mayor is stuck on the ladder

edit: TTing months doesnt work. The game counts days played rather than days passed

Last edited:
Create a new Character

Introduce yourself to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Play everyday for 7+ days. and the person should move out. Your mayor is stuck on the ladder

edit: TTing months doesnt work. The game counts days played rather than days passed

I play day by day, if I ttd months id be losing everyone I love :)

This ignore thing doesn't work much better. Something that you and this person that made the video is forgetting is that if you if ignore them and they want to move out, they'll be more likely to say something like "We aren't good enough of friends yet, I'll stay". Now, you can reset until they say they'll move out for certain, but... After hearing all these horror stories of games corrupting, I'm not about to do that. ;_;

Of course for someone who is willing to reset, it will work out good.

Last edited:
This ignore thing doesn't work much better. Something that you and this person that made the video is forgetting is that if you if ignore them and they want to move out, they'll be more likely to say something like "We aren't good enough of friends yet, I'll stay". Now, you can reset until they say they'll move out for certain, but... After hearing all these horror stories of games corrupting, I'm not about to do that. ;_;

Corruption is more of an issue of getting a corrupt SD card. And resseting has nothing to do with it, after 7 or more days of playing a new character issebell will say that the person is moving. They don't need to tell you they are moving

I found out from another villager that Puddles was moving out, to get around the not being good enough friends issue I just didn't talk to her again until the day she packed up.

I used this.

Also, once someone new has moved in (still in boxes) go greet them, then tt forward 3 days. Check everyone and someone will be leaving. I used this to get Julian out for a friend.

Last edited:
I found out from another villager that Puddles was moving out, to get around the not being good enough friends issue I just didn't talk to her again until the day she packed up.

That's what I did with Violet. I made the mistake of talking to her on my 2nd character, so she wanted to stay. HELL~ NO! Ended up resetting and going back to my mayor character and never talked to her again until she was in boxes. With everyone else, I still talk to, so if they wanna leave, they won't stay. :) Though I changed my mind on Rocco when my boyfriend ended up getting someone he really wanted from his campsite, so Rocco's still around. XD

Short scoop: Fail safe - If it's someone you REALLY DON'T want to keep around, find out from another villager that they're thinking about moving and then just ignore that villager until they're in boxes.

Last edited:
for 2 WEEKS I have been trying to get Freya to move, she freaking refuses! im started to get aggravated...I have ignored her, I have tried making friends then ignoring her again. Gone ahead 2 days n back 2 days..gone ahead MONTHS day by day..everyone BUT her asks to leave several times :( I even push her and piss her off but she just wont leave.

I did the same thing with Curly (whose house was very inconveniently parked right in front of the door to my town hall). I had exactly the same experience with both the usual two day method and with the four day method. Plus, by doing that I lost Carmen who I happened to like.

So, I gave up. Eventually (about 3-4 weeks later in my case), Curly FINALLY said he would move. I told him to go and afterwards ignored him completely until he was gone, so that he couldn't change his mind. When he repeatedly pinged me and tried to talk to me, I said nothing and ran for my house! LOL

As soon as he left, I put a streetlight where his house had been so that nobody ever does THAT again to me. :)

Last edited:
What I do is TT forward a day, then back. Between those 2 days only. Talk to everyone but the person you want to leave and find out if they are. The game will cycle through depending on who's the newest, so it might take some time, but after going back and forth for about 4-5 days, someone always wants to move. I got rid of 4 people in between 3 days doing this.

From What I gathered(Since I'm friends with the villager I want out)

1. Create a New Character.
2. Introduce your self to everyone.
3. Talk everyone except for the one you want out.
4. Wait a week and hope that character Moves out.

Can you play as your Mayor once did all the steps with a fresh character? or will that screw up the process?

Back