• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Anyone else time-traveling a ton...?

Roknar

Lost but Found
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Small Mailbox
Cake
From what I've seen on TBT, it seems like I'm pretty much alone, but has anyone else been time-traveling a whole lot? I've been doing it so often... I already have the Dream Suite and Island unlocked, for example. I'm enjoying doing it and I don't regret doing it, but I was just curious if anyone else here is playing like me or not.

I know many of you view this as taboo, but please, keep the criticism of me to a minimum. :/ I've been trying to keep up with my girlfriend and cousin who both reset a bunch.

So, does anyone else play like this (and not regret it either)?

Don't be too hard on yourself. Yea, the correct way to play technically is to play straight on through, but this game requires a lot of time to unlock everything all of us have been anticipating for over a year at least (most longer), so a little time traveling here and there this time around is a little more understandable.

I personally have gone to the 10'th day from start to unlock some of the basics, and now I'm playing straight. I can wait for everything else to come naturally, and it's part of the magic of the game.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Yea, the correct way to play technically is to play straight on through, but this game requires a lot of time to unlock everything all of us have been anticipating for over a year at least (most longer), so a little time traveling here and there this time around is a little more understandable.

I personally have gone to the 10'th day from start to unlock some of the basics, and now I'm playing straight. I can wait for everything else to come naturally, and it's part of the magic of the game.

For me, I just want to make my town how I like it as quickly as possible. Some think this would like make them burn through the game faster, but I know that won't happen for me, so I'm fine with getting a lot of things earlier than I would naturally. I've just enjoyed personalizing my game more with a bigger house and public works projects and things. I can't like get enough of the game, and it's only been out a couple days haha. :)

I feel the same way! I sill feel like I play "fully" because what I do is go through one day until I've exhausted everything to do for the day plus some extra lingering, and then move to the next day, so I usually do spend at least half an hour or an hour on each day, and longer if I go to the island. It keeps it exciting for me! And I still get the anticipation because I don't allow myself to go too quickly :)

Another thing, I start college in August, and I'm afraid that I'll barely get to play because I'll be so busy with the new life and everything I want to get involved in. So going at a faster pace makes me feel like I can get more out of the game until I have to slow down for college.

I used to in WW/CF. Not at the start but once I'd done pretty much everything and was getting bored. I didn't enjoy CF that much so I time travelled more in that one because there was very little to do. I don't think I will in NL though, I feel that NL has a lot of stuff to keep me occupied..

It's your game, play it how you want to. As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters! I'm pretty ambivalent about the subject tbh and I'd be a hypocrite if I ever tried to criticise someone for doing it because I most certainly have as well. :p

I don't time travel, and this time is no exception. Surprisingly, I can keep occupied all day and rarely get bored of an activity. I picked up gardening after I inadvertently made a hybrid, so now I have more hobbies! My island opens tomorrow, so I am very excited about that :)

I tt alot, I'm mostly doing it now to get my home maxed out and for some reason I haven't unlocked the dream suite yet

There is no need to rush making your town look perfect during the first week it ruins the point of the game.

Honestly, I've been TT-ing so much. :x

Nope, none for me! I think part of the point of AC as a series is that you have to wait for things, there's no instant gratification. It makes me look forward to each individual day that much more.

I'd never Time Travel, personally. I feel that it sucks the fun out of the slow pace of the game to just jump day-to-day so quickly.

I feel the same way! I sill feel like I play "fully" because what I do is go through one day until I've exhausted everything to do for the day plus some extra lingering, and then move to the next day, so I usually do spend at least half an hour or an hour on each day, and longer if I go to the island. It keeps it exciting for me! And I still get the anticipation because I don't allow myself to go too quickly :)

Another thing, I start college in August, and I'm afraid that I'll barely get to play because I'll be so busy with the new life and everything I want to get involved in. So going at a faster pace makes me feel like I can get more out of the game until I have to slow down for college.

I agree with you! I have been a bit...it really bothers me when time travelers get a lot of criticism because as long as you're playing the game you want to and you're happy, I don't see where the problem is...the game may be "intended" to be played day by day straight through, but not everyone has the ability to do that. I don't have time to sit down and devote time to a game every single day, with work and classes and whatnot, therefore if I want to do things a few days early or go back to do something I missed i'm not going to feel guilty doing so. It's not like we (most time travelers, I suppose) do it with any bad intentions, and it doesn't effect other players in a negative way. I think it'd be a little different if Animal Crossing was a ~competitive game, then i'd definitely consider it "cheating", but it's really just supposed to be a leisurely game so I just don't justify it as "cheating". I know most people do and that's fine, everyone can have their own opinion on it, I really think the focus should be on having fun with the game. :)

I basically just travel ahead by a day or two whenever I run out of things to do. I don't time travel for holidays and events (unless I legitimately miss them), as I don't think experiencing them out of season is much fun. Everyone claims that if you time travel you'll get bored of the game faster, but ever since I discovered that it was possible back with Population Growing, I've never really gotten bored with a game, at least not in a way that I could contribute it to time traveling. I like it because if I do get bored I can move on to the next day. Again, others feel different and that's fine, I just figured i'd share that from my perspective it doesn't make the game get more boring faster.

Anyways, in New Leaf I also have the Dream Suite (I actually got it yesterday but I just tried it out for the first time tonight), Kicks, the Club, and the island...I just saved up enough medals to get the Club Tortimer invitation thing so I think i'm gonna try that out in a bit. :)

As tempted as I have been to time travel, especially considering how empty the first days feel once you finish the daily routines, I really like the idea of having something to look forward to each day with new upgrades. Yesterday, I woke up to a new house, today I woke up to a mayor permit, and tomorrow I get to wake up to the island. It's fun to have something new each day and watch my town slowly become greater. Sure, time traveling could get me to that point faster, and I'll probably do it some once I've full expanded my house and town, but for now I just want to take it day by day. Nothing against those who do time travel, however you enjoy the game, go for it!

I don't think Time Travelling is 'cheating', I just don't think it's within the spirit of the game. If I miss something one day .... that's life!

I don't judge anyone who TT it's just another way to play. I decided not to but my friend one time accidentally skipped a day ahead and felt horrible so I skipped with him (we rewound back to the original day after). I'll admit though I time traveled back hours so shops could stay open. But all in all I'm fighting the temptation... like right now I really want to skip to the next since I ran out of things to do for now. Really hoping I can find someone who's town is day when mines is night.

I think time travelling is just like a personal preference I guess you could say. There are basically no rules on Animal Crossing so it's not like AC games prevent you from time travelling. It's like they have it there for a reason, so if you REALLY need to use it then you should feel free to. But I wouldn't time travel to a crazy point in time like 2050 or something, and I wouldn't time travel frequently either. Heck, I haven't even time traveled yet in NL. I don't feel a reason to, there's so much to do already.

I don't judge anyone who TT it's just another way to play. I decided not to but my friend one time accidentally skipped a day ahead and felt horrible so I skipped with him (we rewound back to the original day after). I'll admit though I time traveled back hours so shops could stay open. But all in all I'm fighting the temptation... like right now I really want to skip to the next since I ran out of things to do for now. Really hoping I can find someone who's town is day when mines is night.
I was just wondering, but couldn't you have town laws which enable you to have a 'Night Town'?
I'm sorry if I'm wrong, since I live in Australia and haven't gotten a copy yet.

I agree with you! I have been a bit...it really bothers me when time travelers get a lot of criticism because as long as you're playing the game you want to and you're happy, I don't see where the problem is...the game may be "intended" to be played day by day straight through, but not everyone has the ability to do that. I don't have time to sit down and devote time to a game every single day, with work and classes and whatnot, therefore if I want to do things a few days early or go back to do something I missed i'm not going to feel guilty doing so. It's not like we (most time travelers, I suppose) do it with any bad intentions, and it doesn't effect other players in a negative way. I think it'd be a little different if Animal Crossing was a ~competitive game, then i'd definitely consider it "cheating", but it's really just supposed to be a leisurely game so I just don't justify it as "cheating". I know most people do and that's fine, everyone can have their own opinion on it, I really think the focus should be on having fun with the game. :)

I basically just travel ahead by a day or two whenever I run out of things to do. I don't time travel for holidays and events (unless I legitimately miss them), as I don't think experiencing them out of season is much fun. Everyone claims that if you time travel you'll get bored of the game faster, but ever since I discovered that it was possible back with Population Growing, I've never really gotten bored with a game, at least not in a way that I could contribute it to time traveling. I like it because if I do get bored I can move on to the next day. Again, others feel different and that's fine, I just figured i'd share that from my perspective it doesn't make the game get more boring faster.

Anyways, in New Leaf I also have the Dream Suite (I actually got it yesterday but I just tried it out for the first time tonight), Kicks, the Club, and the island...I just saved up enough medals to get the Club Tortimer invitation thing so I think i'm gonna try that out in a bit. :)
I don't have much to add because you said just about everything I could have said but I just want to say this is usually how I play since I don't have too much time to devote to the game either (though my log would say otherwise since I keep my 3DS on all the time), and love your views on it.

I won't allow myself to time travel. I feel like I need to play it day by day no matter how badly I want to skip boring nights with closed stores. Part of the fun in animal crossing is the waiting around because that's what it's about. I'm sure I'll have a little more excitement when I figure out how to unlock the night city option :3

Back