• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anyone wanna test out cycling a villlager theory?

I looked into the first theory with posts people are saying.
Someone has mentioned something like you need to be friends with the villager or something like that.
If they're not friends, or at least good friends, they won't do it.

I wonder which friendship level though.

How can you even determine friendship level?

I'm pretty sure it's random. I mean, Diana's asked to move out more than anyone else and she's ABOUT to reach best-friend level, but it's not worth the time spent actually getting to know that villager enough to do that.

What is effective though is getting a new villager and ignoring them completely besides greeting them the day they move in. That's been the best way for me and it's fool-proof, otherwise it would be random.

I've tried theory 1 about 10 times and it still hasn't worked for me, which was really disappointing because apparently it's worked for others TTATT

I read that the first theory will also depend on your friendship level with the villager you want out :|

I'm not even going to bother looking at the post because I know it's all bull****

This does not work, it is not only RNG but based on friendship level. Friendship level can only really be "checked" by if you're receiving letters from them without having sent one first, if they give you things for free, and by using the megaphone.

I have been locking my villagers out of conversation LITERALLY since the game came out. Not once has it ever influenced who was going to move, except by affecting friendship level.

That's all it does. It affects friendship level. My god people please don't fall for this nonsense. (Not to mention I kind of thought everyone locked their villagers out of conversation on a regular basis like I do but okay lol)

I posted a thread on this topic last night, and a few users confirmed that it didn't work.

I tried it today. I spam chatted Fauna 4-5 times and she didn't ping me once!
*I just want to move Fauna into my main town. Is that too much to ask? TwT;

I did theory 1, and when I got to the 2 days ahead, Scoot was in his house. I went back to the original date and sure enough, he pinged me to move! thanks for this! I've been trying to get him to move for forever!!!

I'm not even going to bother looking at the post because I know it's all bull****

This does not work, it is not only RNG but based on friendship level. Friendship level can only really be "checked" by if you're receiving letters from them without having sent one first, if they give you things for free, and by using the megaphone.

I have been locking my villagers out of conversation LITERALLY since the game came out. Not once has it ever influenced who was going to move, except by affecting friendship level.

That's all it does. It affects friendship level. My god people please don't fall for this nonsense. (Not to mention I kind of thought everyone locked their villagers out of conversation on a regular basis like I do but okay lol)

How do you check the friendship lvl through the megaphone if you don't mind me asking?
I guess I just really wanted it to work because I've been desperate to get a spot open and get certain villagers out ; o ;

I did theory 1, and when I got to the 2 days ahead, Scoot was in his house. I went back to the original date and sure enough, he pinged me to move! thanks for this! I've been trying to get him to move for forever!!!

It's coincidence. Good god please don't continue to use this unless you want to lose dreamies. He moved because a. RNG told him to, b. friendship level told him to.

But, I guess all of these methods had to go through trial and error and people losing dreamies to them, eh?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you check the friendship lvl through the megaphone if you don't mind me asking?
I guess I just really wanted it to work because I've been desperate to get a spot open and get certain villagers out ; o ;

Oh, with the megaphone you go near them but NOT close enough to where you'll hurt their ears, because that apparently decreases friendship

But at normal/low friendship, when you say their name, they'll just look around, confused. At higher friendship, they'll wave to you. At best friend I THINK they sing and wave. Unless I'm mistaken and they do that at like "sorta bff". But that's basically how you tell your lows from your highs.

i'll keep track of this thread. i don't time travel, but i might have to soon. i'm entered in many raffles right now and i'm full from adopting merengue. theory one seems more viable, hopefully it works!

Oh, I never knew that! Thank you so much, I'm gonna go try it hopefully I don't hurt any ears ^-^

Oh, I never knew that! Thank you so much, I'm gonna go try it hopefully I don't hurt any ears ^-^

I wouldn't worry about hurting ears too much, I mean, I did it to Fuchsia on accident and she just yelled at me and got over it lol. I don't think it decreases it that badly. Be wary of some names though, like the game refuses to recognize me saying "Fuchsia" ever, and when I say "Freya" it thinks I said "Fang", and the megaphone is just a goddamn mess oh god. But at least it's good for checking friendship and stuff! xD Your names should be okay, Midge and Maple may get confused though and it also depends on your voice. Actually I think I'm gonna go pick one up now on my cycling mayor to help me find people >:U

I wouldn't worry about hurting ears too much, I mean, I did it to Fuchsia on accident and she just yelled at me and got over it lol. I don't think it decreases it that badly. Be wary of some names though, like the game refuses to recognize me saying "Fuchsia" ever, and when I say "Freya" it thinks I said "Fang", and the megaphone is just a goddamn mess oh god. But at least it's good for checking friendship and stuff! xD Your names should be okay, Midge and Maple may get confused though and it also depends on your voice. Actually I think I'm gonna go pick one up now on my cycling mayor to help me find people >:U

I haven't tried Maple or Midge yet but earlier I put on an accent when I was doing it and I was saying Lolly but it kept mistaking it for Bunnie >~< I always use it to find them because sometimes I look and look all over the place and I just cannot find them, although sometimes they're in Re-tail or who knows where else o:

I haven't tried Maple or Midge yet but earlier I put on an accent when I was doing it and I was saying Lolly but it kept mistaking it for Bunnie >~< I always use it to find them because sometimes I look and look all over the place and I just cannot find them, although sometimes they're in Re-tail or who knows where else o:

I have the same issue; they're either in Retail, Able Sisters, T&T, or the museum (ONLY in sections that have things in them, aka if you only have one fish they'll only be in that section where that fish is). But, the other problem is that they... Switch. If you exit a building, that say, uhm, Stitches was in, he may disappear and go back to wandering around town and be replaced by Sly. Or by nobody. I think two are always in the shopping areas including Retail, but my brain's a little fuzzy on that one. I usually try to quit and reload to freshen the batch, and if they refuse to come outside I'll TT to a different time of day.

Sorry this is sorta OT, but this theory has been debunked anyway :p

I have the same issue; they're either in Retail, Able Sisters, T&T, or the museum (ONLY in sections that have things in them, aka if you only have one fish they'll only be in that section where that fish is). But, the other problem is that they... Switch. If you exit a building, that say, uhm, Stitches was in, he may disappear and go back to wandering around town and be replaced by Sly. Or by nobody. I think two are always in the shopping areas including Retail, but my brain's a little fuzzy on that one. I usually try to quit and reload to freshen the batch, and if they refuse to come outside I'll TT to a different time of day.

Sorry this is sorta OT, but this theory has been debunked anyway :p

Yeah it's really irritating, I'll need one villager to talk to and they just won't be in town! So I usually switch to another character and they come out -o- Then just switch back to my main and voila I got 'em! Two sounds about right though, depending on the time as well, I think?

This is OT sorry OP ^o^

I sense bull**** sozforthelanguageplsdontbanmethx I did this with Diana and she still has not pinged. Well,this happened to me with Annalise and the next 2 days she DID ping. It is basically random.No matter what you do move-outs will still be random. I do not believe this will work unless I see good resuslts coming from a lot of people. Move-outs just depend on friendship level. The higher the level,the more chances the villager will ping you. Talking to a villager causes your friendship level to increase. In the meantime,I'll see how this thread goes.

Last edited:
I sense bull**** sozforthelanguageplsdontbanmethx I did this with Diana and she still has not pinged. Well,this happened to me with Annalise and the next 2 days she DID ping. It is basically random.No matter what you do move-outs will still be random. I do not believe this will work unless I see good resuslts coming from a lot of people. Move-outs just depend on friendship level. The higher the level,the more chances the villager will ping you. Talking to a villager causes your friendship level to increase. In the meantime,I'll see how this thread goes.

I doubt it's going to go anywhere, haha, considering we both just explained the mechanics and picked the theory apart :p Unless people are hellbent on this, they should probably give up on this theory since it leads to a dead end.

Back