• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

April 14, 2001 // Happy 20th Anniversary, Animal Crossing! 🎂🎈🎁

Rosch

the best loaf
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Galaxy Cupcake
Glowing Butterfly Spirit
Enchanted Bloom
Lily of the Valley
Shooting Star
April 14, 2001.

ac.jpg

20 years ago, today, Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Forest) was released for the Nintendo 64 in Japan only.
  • There were only 216 villagers at the time.
  • The only NPCs at the time were: KK Slider, Tom Nook, Timmy, Tommy, Redd, Resetti, Copper, Booker, Pete, Pelly, Phyllis, Gulliver, Saharah, Katrina, Joan, Gracie, Chip, Porter, Wendell, Jack, and Jingle.
  • The player's house only has 1 room. No expansions.
  • You can only store 1 item in storage, and store 1 music at the music player.
  • There were only 32 fish and bugs each.
It's so amazing how huge this series have become.

The official website for this game is still active to those who want to check it out.

April 14, 2001.

View attachment 368669

20 years ago, today, Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Forest) was released for the Nintendo 64 in Japan only.
  • There were only 216 villagers at the time.
  • The only NPCs at the time were: KK Slider, Tom Nook, Timmy, Tommy, Redd, Resetti, Copper, Booker, Pete, Pelly, Phyllis, Gulliver, Saharah, Katrina, Joan, Gracie, Chip, Porter, Wendell, Jack, and Jingle.
  • The player's house only has 1 room. No expansions.
  • You can only store 1 item in storage, and store 1 music at the music player.
  • There were only 32 fish and bugs each.
It's so amazing how huge this series have become.

The official website for this game is still active to those who want to check it out.
Wow, so crazy how far it's come!! Thanks for sharing this!

Wow, I'm stuck on 1 item in storage... I can't even imagine 😂 But I've read about the original game before and it is wild how far it's come in twenty years! And the fact that it's still around... that's how you know a series has staying power, lol.

Maybe Nintendo will release some new content for ACNH as a late anniversary update? Lol, I'm not counting on it, but a girl can dream!

Fun Fact: The original Animal Crossing game was the only game where you can have 15 villagers and have 2 towns on the same consoles with 2 memory cards.
Gosh, I remember buying extra memory cards JUST to get extra towns! I think I had four total 😂 And it was fun to have a bunch of villagers, but MAN were those guys eager to move out, lol. I remember them constantly moving between my towns and my BFF's town.

Wow, I'm stuck on 1 item in storage... I can't even imagine 😂 But I've read about the original game before and it is wild how far it's come in twenty years! And the fact that it's still around... that's how you know a series has staying power, lol.

Maybe Nintendo will release some new content for ACNH as a late anniversary update? Lol, I'm not counting on it, but a girl can dream!

Well, Nintendo didn't really do anything special for Zelda's 35th anniversary, at least on the very day of it's birthday (Feb. 21). I don't really expect anything right now, but there should be an update before May, because they need to do something for May Day.

Well, Nintendo didn't really do anything special for Zelda's 35th anniversary, at least on the very day of it's birthday (Feb. 21). I don't really expect anything right now, but there should be an update before May, because they need to do something for May Day.
Well, to be fair, 20th seems to be a more memorable anniversary then 35th, so it'd be neat if we got something in the next month or so! But, again, I'm not counting on it.

Though I think someone posted on another thread that it seems we're nearing a version "2.0" update- and those tend to introduce some cool stuff in a lot of games. BUT, again, I'm not counting on anything so I don't get disappointed, lol

This is what the official japanese animal crossing twitter account posted just now
If only they made NH the definitive AC game. Would love to have all of those characters included somehow. Also that makes for great wallpaper.

Oh, and I bet other players would be like, "Who's that character?! They're not in New Horizons!"

If only they made NH the definitive AC game. Would love to have all of those characters included somehow.

Also that makes for great wallpaper.
Hmmm something is about to happen. I don't know what they are going to do on the 20th anniversary but now it has me curious. Of course I am still holding back my expectations so I will still be cautious.

If only they made NH the definitive AC game. Would love to have all of those characters included somehow. Also that makes for great wallpaper.

Oh, and I bet other players would be like, "Who's that character?! They're not in New Horizons!"
Haha they have no idea that those other NPCs have been around for a long time.

Wow and that was back in 2016 the same year that Welcome amiibo update came out for New leaf.
I can remember so clearly buying Welcome Amiibo packs back in 2016, but I look back at other things that happened back then and can barely remember anything. It all was so long ago!

happy anniversary to animal crossing. i shudder at the thought of only 1 item in storage, i would absolutley struggle with my hoarding ways

Back