• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

April 14, 2001 // Happy 20th Anniversary, Animal Crossing! 🎂🎈🎁

as someone who never played Doubutsu no Mori and also doesn’t know much about it in general, those facts are actually insanely interesting and i appreciate you sharing them! it’s so crazy just how far the franchise has come but uh,, remind me to never complain about not having enough storage space again 🤣. happy anniversary, ac!! 🎉

First off, I've gotta say: I love the artwork they released! So many little details!
  • everyone (apart from Chip) is dressed how they were dressed when they first appeared, which means you get to see DnM+ Don Resetti and Tortimer with their different outfits.
  • Katie and Kaitlin have little drawings of the items you'd get for reuniting them, and Lyle's got the stuff you'd get an insurance payout for
  • Shrunk's sticker has his autograph on it, as seen on the autograph cards
  • GRACIE'S CAR AND THE GAMECUBE-ERA TRAIN
  • as a fan of The Implied Wider World Of Animal Crossing, I love the little glimpse we get of what's presumably Saharah's home?
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY DNM, YOU JANKY, NOT-QUITE THERE, WAS MEANT TO BE ON THE 64DD (BUT THAT FAILED), RERELEASED LATER THAT YEAR WITH SOME STUFF CHANGED BECAUSE THE N64 WAS DEAD AT THAT POINT AND THEY COULDN'T MAKE ANY MORE CARTS, BUT STILL PRETTY INTERESTING GAME.

(ps. if you've got an update for nh that you could announce in a few hours, that'd be a fine birthday gift... aside from this artwork and nh's soundtrack cd, that is)

happy 20th AC!! <3
it must of been horrible with only one time allowed in storage

Happy 20th anniversary Animal Crossing! The series is so different yet the same now, that sure was a long time ago and hard to imagine.

Back