• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you a maximalist or a minimalist when it comes to designing your island?

i would say i'm a somewhat in the middle! i like having my island covered but i still want to be able to easily walk around the island, plush it should also be easily accessible for my villagers since i like seeing them walking around
when in doubt i might not cover a whole section with items but i might throw down some custom design so that it doesn't appear to be empty but i'd rather it be custom design since it won't lag as much

same thing with interiors, i want there to be enough items so that it doesn't look too barren but i don't want my villagers to be stuck or confined to just a small area of their house so i make sure that there's enough walking space for them to freely move around

i would say i'm a somewhat in the middle! i like having my island covered but i still want to be able to easily walk around the island, plush it should also be easily accessible for my villagers since i like seeing them walking around
when in doubt i might not cover a whole section with items but i might throw down some custom design so that it doesn't appear to be empty but i'd rather it be custom design since it won't lag as much

same thing with interiors, i want there to be enough items so that it doesn't look too barren but i don't want my villagers to be stuck or confined to just a small area of their house so i make sure that there's enough walking space for them to freely move around
Omg I do the same thing with custom designs. That and flowers because my villagers and I can walk through them. And same for houses because I like my villagers to be able to access everything but also I want them to have stuff to do (TV, console, kitchen, bed) so it’s a real balancing act since you can’t enlarge the houses of your villagers.

Omg I do the same thing with custom designs. That and flowers because my villagers and I can walk through them. And same for houses because I like my villagers to be able to access everything but also I want them to have stuff to do (TV, console, kitchen, bed) so it’s a real balancing act since you can’t enlarge the houses of your villagers.
yeaaaah exactly !!! flowers and custom design are my lifeline

i try to give my villagers a bed, a kitchen, and then something for their hobbies and entertainment so it's not so bland - a little tricky sometimes with the limited space ( • ᴖ • 。)

Back