• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you still gonna do the Reset Trick?

Farobi

not a bad member
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
7016-2649-0314
Isabelle
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Coco
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Classic Easter Egg
Gold Super Mailbox
I heard it might corrupt your file. I never do it in the first place so yeah :p

I would still do it though.

I'm still doing it and my town is still healthy. But I might tone it down a bit since I'm scared I will one day get a corrupted file.

I've done 100+ plus times and nothing bad has happened yet, so I'm gonna keep doing it. Giving up is for the weak (kinda maybe probably not)!

I've done it lots of times and nothing has happened...so yeah probably until I get my town full of villagers I love.

Yeah... but I'm going to reduce how much I do it. Only for house locations and I'm not going to be overly picky about location. I'm not going to reset for campers as much (before I'd try to get the popular villagers which was a lot of resetting). And I never do the "random villager reset" trick anyway, so yeah.

Also, I have been using the power button+home button method since supposedly it's safer, but then again, that seems counter-intuitive... seems like home menu+close software would be safer. Who knows :L

No. I've never done the reset trick. Ever. It's mainly a lazy thing. Creating a new character just to check locations and campers and such takes too much time, IMO.

I'm kind of at the point of no return; I'm one dreamie short so until then... I will be continuing

The only reason why I open up New Leaf is to get my dreamies with the reset trick.

I already got all my dreamies, so I won't have to. :)

In the future, though, if I want one of them to leave, I'll just take what I get. I had a nightmare where my save copy became corrupted so I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. ^^

No. I've never done the reset trick. Ever. It's mainly a lazy thing. Creating a new character just to check locations and campers and such takes too much time, IMO.

Same here. Plus I already have four characters. Now I'm glad I was never able to do it...

I am in fact scared, but I defiantly know what it means to "don't touch the power button while it's saving" and I am confortable on doing the reset trick. I usually do it when I'm trying to get a villager's picture

Still gonna do it. I don't believe doing the reset thing caused the corruptions. The people who's files were corrupted probably pressed the home button way to quickly and closed the game, therefore causing a badly saved file and ultimately corruption

Yeah, I wouldn't be as happy with my town without it. Helps me maximize SPACE for public work projects. However I'll only reset for house spots I think, resetting for campers is too annoying anyway... Unless I get really desperate for Bob that is. .__. But yeah, speaking of which I need to do it tomorrow too... Bunnie should be moving in.

Once I get all my dreamies, I'll stop. Is it too much to ask for some butthole NOT to move in 2 inches from my house or over an orchard/hybrid/etc?

Still gonna do it. I don't believe doing the reset thing caused the corruptions. The people who's files were corrupted probably pressed the home button way to quickly and closed the game, therefore causing a badly saved file and ultimately corruption

This. All of this. I don't get why people are getting so paranoid about this.

What do you mean? Too quickly? That makes no sense. -.-

Back