• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you still gonna do the Reset Trick?

I'm a lazy ******* so I've never even done the trick to begin with. So much trouble for just some villagers.

I don't do it at all :v

If villagers move in an obnoxious place, I'll just learn to work with it (plus its kind of fun), if a Hazel tier creature moves in, I'll just deal with that as well. :v

What do you mean? Too quickly? That makes no sense. -.-

Some people enter their campsite and reset right when they see the camper. Maybe this doesn't give the game enough time to load properly

that is what i mean, too quickly makes sense -.-

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, for people who reset in general, they probably just pressed the home button right after the save screen, instead of letting the screen with the little train load completely before returning to the title screen

Some people enter their campsite and reset right when they see the camper. Maybe this doesn't give the game enough time to load properly

that is what i mean, too quickly makes sense -.-

How you worded it didn't make sense. If you provided this example, I would've understood. Thanks for clarifying.

I reset by pressing Power Button then Home Button; the game's still fine for me (maybe not for long tho)

I highly doubt people's games were corrupted from the reset trick.(The only possible way I can see it corrupting is if you do something when the game is -saving-, and it's not saving in the reset trick unless you finish the tutorial. In that case, that'd be shutting it off in the middle of saving perhaps. Why would you do that to begin with?) There is definitely something else going on there that would be causing that.

Though if it puts anyone at ease, my friend and I easily have done the reset trick 3,000 times between the two of us. Neither of our games save files have ever corrupted, and we've had the game since day 1.

edit: We both reset our games different. I reset by hitting the power button, then home. She resets by hitting the home button and closing the game off there. So...still not buying.

Last edited:
I already have Punchy plopped right in front of the town hall.

My main town is the SD card copy, so since I can back it up, I don't give a crap. If I don't have ugly house placements, then heck yeah!

I definitely feel for the people who lost their towns due to data corruption. :( But yeah, I'm still going to be doing the reset trick. It's essential to how I like to play the game and landscape my town. I like for things to be planned and orderly, and not having houses all over the place where I don't want them to be. (It doesn't help that my town has a curvy river, so space is already limited.) And like some others in this thread, I'm also skeptical that the reset trick is the root of data corruption issues. I'm scientifically minded and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of solid proof, testing, etc. about this. Getting data corruption myself while doing the reset trick is the only way I'll stop, I think.

I definitely feel for the people who lost their towns due to data corruption. :( But yeah, I'm still going to be doing the reset trick. It's essential to how I like to play the game and landscape my town. I like for things to be planned and orderly, and not having houses all over the place where I don't want them to be. (It doesn't help that my town has a curvy river, so space is already limited.) And like some others in this thread, I'm also skeptical that the reset trick is the root of data corruption issues. I'm scientifically minded and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of solid proof, testing, etc. about this. Getting data corruption myself while doing the reset trick is the only way I'll stop, I think.

Imo, the main reason people corrupt from the reset thing is that they shut the power off instantly, giving the game very little time to load.

I reset all the time, and never once has my data corrupted. I suggest, even if you dislike it, just waiting a minute and doing nothing in the tent or by the plot, and then turning the power off/exiting to the home menu.

Besides, I mean, yeah, a large amount of people have corrupted from this, but then again, there's a way larger group of people who it hasn't happened too. Thus, I'm not worried; and if my data does happen to corrupt, I'll take it as my chance to prove that pixels aren't my life, and that I'm pretty fine with starting over.

Although, it'd suck to lose Fang when I get him, but I could probably get him back.

I like Hazel though.

Yeah I don't think she's too bad :p it's villagers like Harry and Jambette that I don't like *shudders* :p It gives me such a sense of achievement when I get a villager like that out of my town!

I never heard of this. How does it corrupt it, and is there even proof it does :/ ?

This is probably just a rumor made up by someone who is against TTing and resetting.
I've had my game since June 9th and done this, nothing has happened.

This is probably just a rumor made up by someone who is against TTing and resetting.
I've had my game since June 9th and done this, nothing has happened.

I'm pretty sure it's not, because quite a few people have said its happened to them. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen - that's like saying you smoke a lot and you haven't died, therefore people don't die from smoking.

I'm pretty sure it's not, because quite a few people have said its happened to them. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen - that's like saying you smoke a lot and you haven't died, therefore people don't die from smoking.

You can't really compare something like that to this...
Anyways, can someone tell me how it can even corrupt the game :/ ?

I follow multiple AC blogs and have been a member here for a few months and this is the first I am hearing of this.

Back