• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Thanks. One more question...How can a villager suddenly not move without you convincing them to stay? Sydney was supposed to move out on the 13th, so I TT'd day by day to the 13th to get her in boxes and then give her to someone else. But on the 13th, she was wandering around outside. I then went to the 14th, and she was still wandering outside. Then, another villager said that someone else was thinking of moving. So, Sydney decided not to move after I told her to move. Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't know what I did...
It was another villager's birthday on the 13th. Sydney wasn't at the party, but could this have negated her moving somehow?

I don't think that birthdays negate moving.

Sometimes villagers just decide to stay, I think it's a way of giving people a second chance if they accidentally move out a villager but it can be annoying. Did you talk to Sydney at all? If you talk to them, if they're reconsidering they'll usually tell you about it so you get a chance to tell them to go.

I don't think that birthdays negate moving.

Sometimes villagers just decide to stay, I think it's a way of giving people a second chance if they accidentally move out a villager but it can be annoying. Did you talk to Sydney at all? If you talk to them, if they're reconsidering they'll usually tell you about it so you get a chance to tell them to go.

I didn't talk to her at all, just TT'd day by day and did nothing but water flowers until I got to her moving day. Well, that bites. I feel guilty about not being able to give her to the person on the trade forum. :( Thanks.

Just to check: you can send custom furniture to your villagers, right? Not custom patterns or anything, just the different variants you can get from Cyrus by default or by using clothes.

I'm pretty sure you can. It's definitely possible to give them custom furniture when they ask you to find them something. For a little while Pierce had a Crane Game in his house, and I purchased it while visiting. Later he asked me to find something nice, and I gave him a blue Modern Cabinet. :)

I'm pretty sure you can. It's definitely possible to give them custom furniture when they ask you to find them something. For a little while Pierce had a Crane Game in his house, and I purchased it while visiting. Later he asked me to find something nice, and I gave him a blue Modern Cabinet. :)

Thank you so much! I figured you could but I couldn't remember.

Do people buy fertilizer? I have a lot if it and I can't seem to find many people who want to buy it. xD

Do people buy fertilizer? I have a lot if it and I can't seem to find many people who want to buy it. xD

I find most people want to buy it from Leif on their own to earn their golden shovel. Unless you breed flowers, you probably won't buy after that. You might try politely asking someone who sells hybrids if they might like to purchase the fertilizer from you, as it could help with their own sales output. c:

When I frequently had my shop open in the Re-Tail forum this summer, I always managed to sell my fertilizer pretty quickly. I'd usually have around 7-10 to sell every weekend and there would always be someone who'd buy all of them. Sold them for 15k each, by the way.

But this was a few months ago so I'm not sure if it would still be like that now!

When I frequently had my shop open in the Re-Tail forum this summer, I always managed to sell my fertilizer pretty quickly. I'd usually have around 7-10 to sell every weekend and there would always be someone who'd buy all of them. Sold them for 15k each, by the way.

But this was a few months ago so I'm not sure if it would still be like that now!
Thanks this is very helpful! Seems my price was too high.

When you cycle a villager and they get voided. Will the person that is getting a villager in my town get the voided villager or the one they asked to move in? That is if it still lets you ask them

When you cycle a villager and they get voided. Will the person that is getting a villager in my town get the voided villager or the one they asked to move in? That is if it still lets you ask them

I think you get the villager you asked to move in.

I think the one they invite will always overwrite villagers from the void.

Is it important for alt characters to cultivate friendships with villagers? Is this important for the game, as it is for the Mayor, or just RP fun for some people?

Is there anything I should be saving mushrooms for? I have so many mushrooms sitting in my basement. Should I just sell them or are they worth keeping?

Is it important for alt characters to cultivate friendships with villagers? Is this important for the game, as it is for the Mayor, or just RP fun for some people?

It is not important. Unless you want to increase your rate of getting certain things from villagers like pics or special birthday items. Otherwise it is not important to the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is there anything I should be saving mushrooms for? I have so many mushrooms sitting in my basement. Should I just sell them or are they worth keeping?

Gameplay wise, no there is no reason to hoard them.
People like to decorate with them sometimes, so selling them would be a good idea especially if you have a lot of famous mushrooms.

Last edited:

I read about the upcoming Harvest Festival, and if you want furniture from that, then you might want to hold onto mushrooms as ingredients for the cooking activities on the day of the festival.

Back