• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

okay i have this problem when i go to receive my dlc present from the post office i keep being told it can't be delivered with the access point that i'm connected to right now. then either phyllis or pelly tells me that i have to change my settings.i don't what that means so can anyone help me much thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure you need to be connected to a Nintendo Zone location. If you google Nintendo Zone locations in your area, you should find one (it'll be something simple like a McDonalds or Walmart) and you have to go there with your 3DS and connect to their Wifi. If I were you, I'd talk to an employee there to make sure that it is a Nintendo Zone and if you need a password to connect to the wifi that's there. You should be able to download it like that~

It's been a long time since I've played, so:

~ Are Nookling upgrades cumulative? For example, I spend 12,000 at Nookling Junction, and unlock T&T Mart. If it takes 25,000 to unlock Super T&T, do I have to spend 25,000 bells or just 13,000 more?

It's been a long time since I've played, so:

~ Are Nookling upgrades cumulative? For example, I spend 12,000 at Nookling Junction, and unlock T&T Mart. If it takes 25,000 to unlock Super T&T, do I have to spend 25,000 bells or just 13,000 more?

Pretty sure you have to spend a whole 'nother 25,000 bells. From the New Leaf Wikia page:
"To upgrade to a Super T&T store, the player must spend 25,000 Bells at the store and have had the store open for at least 10 days."

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have to spend a whole 'nother 25,000 bells. From the New Leaf Wikia page:
"To upgrade to a Super T&T store, the player must spend 25,000 Bells at the store and have had the store open for at least 10 days."

Oh, OK, thanks! I kind of figured it would be that way.

Time traveling backwards wouldn't make you lose anyone but traveling back into the present most likely would. You would want to play or TT every two days until someone pings you asking to move out. Accept or deny their request and then time travel all the way forward to prevent losing someone.
Gonna say this is incorrect. In most cases, this does apply and is correct. HOWEVER, there is an exception. If a villager is considering moving out and you TT back more than, oh, a week or so, they'll be gone. So, you should still try to some someone from leaving, and then immediately TT backwards.

How do you get villager's pictures? Apparently you have to be extra nice, but i've had the game for 6 1/2 months, and some of my villagers have been my best friend since I got the game. I really want some pictures, but I just haven't got any...

How do you get villager's pictures? Apparently you have to be extra nice, but i've had the game for 6 1/2 months, and some of my villagers have been my best friend since I got the game. I really want some pictures, but I just haven't got any...

The easiest way to get them is on April Fools day. Also, if you have a strong friendship with a villager, (s)he will mail you a picture when (s)he moves out, but that doesn't do you much good if want the villager to stay in your town.

Gonna say this is incorrect. In most cases, this does apply and is correct. HOWEVER, there is an exception. If a villager is considering moving out and you TT back more than, oh, a week or so, they'll be gone. So, you should still try to some someone from leaving, and then immediately TT backwards.

Woah, I didn't know that happened when they were only considering moving out. Thanks!

As well as moving out/April Fools Day, villagers can reward you with their pictures after you do a favour for them as long as your friendship is high enough. Coco just gave me her picture without moving out. Kabuki gave me a present to deliver to her and when I did, she rewarded me with the picture!

When sending a pm and it saves what your writing, how do I go about retrieving that?
It was late at night so my computer was turned off if that makes a difference.
I write a long pm last night and for some reason It doesn't show sent and they didn't receive it.

When sending a pm and it saves what your writing, how do I go about retrieving that?
It was late at night so my computer was turned off if that makes a difference.
I write a long pm last night and for some reason It doesn't show sent and they didn't receive it.
If it saves your content, there should be a button below the box that says "Restore auto-saved content". If it's there, click on it and it should restore whatever it saved last.

Also, these type of questions belong in the Bell Tree HQ, just for future reference :)

I see a lot of shops that request and/or require you to clear your void before coming to pick up a villager from their cycling town. I am wondering a couple things about this.

1) I understand that to clear your void, you need to visit a town with 10 villagers. Is this still applicable if one of the 10 villagers is in boxes, or does that throw a wrench into things?

2) Doesn't going to another person's town to clear your void run the risk of you picking up one of the villagers in their own void? Is it a never ending cycle of clearing voids?

Thank you for your time.

1. Yes, it is, but I doubt that the void clearer would allow that since there's a pretty good chance they'll pick up that voided villager.

2. Actually, yes, it does.

is there a faster/easrier way to get normal tree saplings? Cause Leif only has one per day right now.

Sadly, it stays like that even after you get to the Emporium. Your best bet is to head down to the Train Station forum and see if there are threads with people who are accepting visitors in their town and will allow you to buy from their shops. You can also make a thread there asking to visit towns that are selling the normal sapling and go to their towns. Or, if you don't mind giving up some IGB/TBT, you can go to the Re-Tail forum and request to buy normal saplings from someone.

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but how many spaces would I need place the police station and campsite next to each other? I have read that both require a lot of room, but can the extra space they need overlap?

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but how many spaces would I need place the police station and campsite next to each other? I have read that both require a lot of room, but can the extra space they need overlap?

The only way to really tell for sure is to experiment with them. I don't think the extra space can overlap, if I'm imagining what you're trying to explain correctly.

Last edited:
The only way to really tell for sure is to experiment with them. I don't think the extra space can overlap, if I'm imagining what you're trying to explain correctly.

Thanks for the info. I think I will try it out once someone requests a police station.

Back