• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Yesterday I adopted Skye from someone, and today I started up my game as a new character to adjust her plot, but there is no plot anywhere to be seen. I only have 9 villagers in this town so there is room for her. Does this just mean she's going to plot tomorrow instead?

I may have also changed the in-game time on my clock after I adopted her, I don't remember, but that wouldn't like...prevent her from moving in, would it?

Yesterday I adopted Skye from someone, and today I started up my game as a new character to adjust her plot, but there is no plot anywhere to be seen. I only have 9 villagers in this town so there is room for her. Does this just mean she's going to plot tomorrow instead?

I may have also changed the in-game time on my clock after I adopted her, I don't remember, but that wouldn't like...prevent her from moving in, would it?

If it is the next day in-game, then she should have a plot. If you adjusted the in-game clock, then she will still move in, but you may have to wait until tomorrow for her then.

If it is the next day in-game, then she should have a plot. If you adjusted the in-game clock, then she will still move in, but you may have to wait until tomorrow for her then.

I think if I did adjust the clock, I only changed it within the same day (like 5 hours ahead but on the same date). I really can't remember though, tbh. I've never had a villager not plot the day after adopting, but I know it's possible they don't appear right away. I'm just worried because I gave 150 tbt to adopt her, she was my only dreamie ;~;

I think if I did adjust the clock, I only changed it within the same day (like 5 hours ahead but on the same date). I really can't remember though, tbh. I've never had a villager not plot the day after adopting, but I know it's possible they don't appear right away. I'm just worried because I gave 150 tbt to adopt her, she was my only dreamie ;~;

Hmmm... If you set the clock 5 hours forward and didn't do any other TTing, then you should have gotten her plot today. Did you only have 9 villagers on the day you adopted her? Even if you had a 10th villager moving out on the same day, you can't adopt another villager until the house is completely gone. I guess just wait until tomorrow and then panic if she doesn't show up in your town.

Hmmm... If you set the clock 5 hours forward and didn't do any other TTing, then you should have gotten her plot today. Did you only have 9 villagers on the day you adopted her? Even if you had a 10th villager moving out on the same day, you can't adopt another villager until the house is completely gone. I guess just wait until tomorrow and then panic if she doesn't show up in your town.

yes I only had 9, my 10th moved out a few days ago. I hope tomorrow she shows up then.

I recall there being a guide of sorts on rock placement on Town creation, but I'm haing issues finding it. I wanted to give it a read when I start my One-year challenge on Jan. 1st.

I recall there being a guide of sorts on rock placement on Town creation, but I'm haing issues finding it. I wanted to give it a read when I start my One-year challenge on Jan. 1st.

http://gentlyusedleaf.tumblr.com/post/86961099174/petal-parasol-its-finally-here-im-sorry

The other rocks are placed randomly with there being one rock on each acre without the river or beach on it and one rock being on the acre at the origin of the river. So the longer your river is, the fewer rocks you'll have.

http://gentlyusedleaf.tumblr.com/post/86961099174/petal-parasol-its-finally-here-im-sorry

The other rocks are placed randomly with there being one rock on each acre without the river or beach on it and one rock being on the acre at the origin of the river. So the longer your river is, the fewer rocks you'll have.

Thanks. I never really bothered much with rock placement, I normally just aimed for a town layout I liked with 7~ rocks, but considering I'm going to do the One-year challenge, I want my town to be the best it can be.

Thanks. I never really bothered much with rock placement, I normally just aimed for a town layout I liked with 7~ rocks, but considering I'm going to do the One-year challenge, I want my town to be the best it can be.

I never even knew about this! This is very interesting.

This happened to me with Lolly and I got nervous. She moved in the next day

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean plotted her spot the next day. Moved in the day after that

Skye put down her plot today (and in a decent spot too!) I'm so relieved. Thanks for the help everyone.

New question: How many gyroids actually spawn after it rains or snows?

Skye put down her plot today (and in a decent spot too!) I'm so relieved. Thanks for the help everyone.

New question: How many gyroids actually spawn after it rains or snows?

3 stupid character requirement makes me type more than that

Okay. Can somebody please help me with getting qr codes into a sign?? I can't even get the ones that i made into it. Please

Do you mean the custom sign pwp? You can only use designs you've made yourself, and not 'pro' designs. You have to face the pwp and hit A and it should open up your designs tab. Pick your design you want to use and it will show on the sign.

I think I screwed up big time. I had a bridge that went down to the lower part of my town and I decided to demolish it because I wanted a different style of bridge. When I asked Isabelle to place it where the old one was, she said it was too close to a resident home. This pretty much screws my whole town layout. Is there anything I can do. I'll attach my old town map so you guys can see where the bridge used to be. It is the one between the two rows of houses that connects the north part of town to the south.

I think it is worth mentioning that the old bridge was on town since day 1.

image.jpg

I think I screwed up big time. I had a bridge that went down to the lower part of my town and I decided to demolish it because I wanted a different style of bridge. When I asked Isabelle to place it where the old one was, she said it was too close to a resident home. This pretty much screws my whole town layout. Is there anything I can do. I'll attach my old town map so you guys can see where the bridge used to be. It is the one between the two rows of houses that connects the north part of town to the south.

View attachment 160130

You can't really unfortunately D: However can you work around it? Can you make it a bit lower maybe? :eek:

You can't really unfortunately D: However can you work around it? Can you make it a bit lower maybe? :eek:

Nope, the placement was perfect. I will probably have to let a villager go. I'm just praying it's not Cheri because she's been in my town since the beginning. I can do without Yuka, but Cheri is too important to let go.

Nope, the placement was perfect. I will probably have to let a villager go. I'm just praying it's not Cheri because she's been in my town since the beginning. I can do without Yuka, but Cheri is too important to let go.

How many places down and over are the people by the bridge? Trying to figure out if you'll have to move one or both...

View attachment 160130

If you screenshot the situation on the south side of the river. I could probably tell you what you can / need to do. I'm doing a lot of testing with bridges right now and I'm going to be posting a long write-up on the bridge mechanics within the next week so that hopefully less people have this happen to them.

How many places down and over are the people by the bridge? Trying to figure out if you'll have to move one or both...

Yuka is on the left side, she is three spaces wide and two spaces tall away from the ideal bridge location. Cheri is on the right side, she is four spaces wide and two spaces tall away from the ideal bridge location.

Back