• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Okay, new question :v

How do I "keep someone in boxes"?
Carmen is in boxes and ready to go, but since Ed and Rodeo (both dreamies which have turned up in cycle towns that have my name on them) aren't ready yet... I'll have only 8 villagers and can't have Carmen leave until one of them moves in D:

What do? D;

Okay, new question :v

How do I "keep someone in boxes"?
Carmen is in boxes and ready to go, but since Ed and Rodeo (both dreamies which have turned up in cycle towns that have my name on them) aren't ready yet... I'll have only 8 villagers and can't have Carmen leave until one of them moves in D:

What do? D;

You have to TT to always stay on that day, until you get any of your dreamie. :( This is kinda painful because you'll stay on that same day a little, if your dreamies take a long time to get in boxes (hopefully not). :)

dunno if this question was enough to make a thread so I'll just ask it here

so a loooong time ago Kid Cat asked me to bury a time capsule. I forgot to bury it so it just sits in my pocket taking up space. So will Kid Cat ever ask for it back or should I just open it?

dunno if this question was enough to make a thread so I'll just ask it here

so a loooong time ago Kid Cat asked me to bury a time capsule. I forgot to bury it so it just sits in my pocket taking up space. So will Kid Cat ever ask for it back or should I just open it?

What happens if you bury it and then talk to him?

The game won't let me bury it, it only shows the option to open it
You missed your chance to bury it (you only have until the next day I think) so you can just open it, he won't ask about it again

so if someone asks to move and i say no, am i safe to time travel to a date in the future without running risk of another villager moving out? (..i think that's how it works but i've kind of forgot)

so if someone asks to move and i say no, am i safe to time travel to a date in the future without running risk of another villager moving out? (..i think that's how it works but i've kind of forgot)

I want to say yes because that's what I do when I regrow grass, but I'm always scared with time travel. From what I know, that's the safest way to do it.

So do I really need to make a design to replace the ones in able sisters? I want my villagers to stop wearing those basic designs. But I'm not very creative.

I want to say yes because that's what I do when I regrow grass, but I'm always scared with time travel. From what I know, that's the safest way to do it.
Can confirm yes :) It works because the game can't choose another villager to move until you actually load it up on a new day. That's why people also recommend doing it before going on hiatus if you don't want to lose anyone while you're gone.

So do I really need to make a design to replace the ones in able sisters? I want my villagers to stop wearing those basic designs. But I'm not very creative.
If you know someone who's creative, you can have them come over and display their designs. Otherwise (and this is the quicker solution) you can just put up the default designs in your pockets as umbrellas or dresses, as villagers can't wear those

are there any negative consequences for taking (then either selling or keeping) 'lost' items from the police station?

Digital copies of the game are safe?
I read that some users lost their data of their town due a update in the system.

If I had a digital copy of the game, then I could transfer all the stuff of my current town and pass to the new one.
I could even send villagers or players to live there if I wanted.

I read that some users lost their data of their town due a update in the system.

If I had a digital copy of the game, then I could transfer all the stuff of my current town and pass to the new one.

I've never had a problem with my digital copy and it's over 3 years old.

I've never had a problem with my digital copy and it's over 3 years old.
Same here :blush:

But you can't play two games at the same time if that's what you're thinking about doing, you're gonna need a second 3DS if you want to transfer things between towns, digital or physical

I've heard that when a villager moves out, the villager that takes their place won't be of the same personality type. Is this just for random move-ins, or does it include the campsite and/or asking villagers to move in from other peoples towns?

Back