• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If I have a vacancy, wifi trade with someone, and then set my 3DS clock ahead a month and go in as a new character and don't see a plot, am I fairly safe to assume I didn't pick up a voided villager? I just have to be super careful right now since I'm trying to keep a spot in which to move Freya.

If you don't see a plot, it's usually best to save with the new character if having no new villager is what you want, just in case. Can't be sure it won't pop up if you don't save it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I lost the final minigame with a camping villager, will he ask me again to move here or do I have to quit without saving?

You can play as many mini games as you want. If you lose the move in game, you can try again until you win. No need to quit without saving.

Let's say I get another AC game and the date is currently the 13th on my first AC game. What happens if I TT a bunch on my second game but then change the date back to the 13th before I load up my first game. Will the game first game consider that as time passing? Would I lose villagers from that?

Let's say I get another AC game and the date is currently the 13th on my first AC game. What happens if I TT a bunch on my second game but then change the date back to the 13th before I load up my first game. Will the game first game consider that as time passing? Would I lose villagers from that?

If they're both cartridges, you shouldn't, since the other wouldn't even be in the console to begin with.

Last edited:
I asked someone to hold Lyman and they did, one day later he is in boxes, but Lyman won't ask me to move back to my town. Why is that?

2 questions:

1. How will rocks affect placement of PWP? (Wondering how close I can put a police station next to a rock)
2. Does the 10th villager automatically move in like villagers 6-9 or do I need the campsite

:)

2 questions:

1. How will rocks affect placement of PWP? (Wondering how close I can put a police station next to a rock)

Nothing but flowers can be placed immediately adjacent to rocks. As for PWP, you would need at least 2 spaces between the edge of the PWP and the rock.

2. Does the 10th villager automatically move in like villagers 6-9 or do I need the campsite

No, the 10th villager does not move in automatically. You need to adopt from another town, campsite, or pick them up from the void.

Last edited:
I only have one space between my police station and a rock. Visit Mirage in a dream to see (I hope I'm not misremembering).

I only have one space between my police station and a rock. Visit Mirage in a dream to see (I hope I'm not misremembering).

Correct. Rocks do not have a buffer zone, only their single tile. They just can't be in something else's buffer zone.

Hello! I was thinking about getting another copy of Animal Crossing, but I don't really know how it works. Would it be the same town/characters, since I will be using the same DS, or does the game save to the cartridge instead of the DS? Also, would there be any way to go back and forth between the towns? I can't really think of a way this would work, since they would have the same Friend Code.

If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it! :)

Hello! I was thinking about getting another copy of Animal Crossing, but I don't really know how it works. Would it be the same town/characters, since I will be using the same DS, or does the game save to the cartridge instead of the DS? Also, would there be any way to go back and forth between the towns? I can't really think of a way this would work, since they would have the same Friend Code.

If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it! :)

Cartridges save to themselves, while digital saves to the SD card. And yes, the FC is dependent on the system so you couldn't visit yourself unless you had another system to trade with.

Is there a reason why when I went to the island yesterday, the only bugs that showed up were 2 cyclommatus stags? I was there for like 20 minutes...

Also, will this PWP placement work? (Sorry for big picture)

image.jpg

Is there a reason why when I went to the island yesterday, the only bugs that showed up were 2 cyclommatus stags? I was there for like 20 minutes...

Also, will this PWP placement work? (Sorry for big picture)
Maybe the island was only a one-time thing. Have you tried walking in and out of the hut, go around for a swim etc? This might help spawn insects. Maybe today will be better too =)

I don't know if the PWP placement will work, unfortunately I have not yet a lot experience with it yet. But it depends on what you want to build? A streetlamp is small and will easily fit, a fence will probably not because it's too close to the campsite...

Is there any way to target specific villagers (uchi in my case and there's only one) to ping pwps?
There are several topics on this, mostly related to the wetsuit trick. It involves trapping your uchi villager (by digging holes around her), go for a swim (for 5-10 minutes/get stung by jellyfish), go back and walk by your uchi. I don't know what thread it was in anymore, but it wasn't that long ago, so you might want to look 1 or 2 pages back =)

ohmygod I have a question and I hope someone can help me o:
I got a 10th villager in my town and I don't want her because I have 9 dreamies already.. how can I make her move out when she was the last one who moved in? ): can I only do that by getting rid of one of my dreamies?

If I TT in my second town, turn it off and switch back to the current date, will my first town be affected in anyway? I want to get my ninth villager into Chrome, but I have a villager in boxes in Celadon I need to give to someone, so I can't let him move away.

Back