• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Questions about New Leaf here! (Read first before creating a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i get the cockraoch?

i purposely let some of my turnips go rotten and finally i have gotten the ants and flies but still not the cockroach...

anyone can help?

You can get one in your house if you don't move items around for several days. This can't happen if you have beautiful town ordinance though.

Just some clarification on planting things.

Flowers, you can plant pretty much everywhere, yes?
But trees need one space, all around. So that means they can't be planted cliffs, railroad or the rock wall?
And do shrubs also need one space all around? Or can they pretty much be planted like flowers?

Flowers anywhere, trees need space but sometimes will randomly decide not to grow.

Shrubs can grow anywhere but not against the cliff/buildings/river or PWP. They can grow next to other shrubs and tiled floor though. (ie the plaza) If you plant a line of 8 or more, expect a random one to die most of the time. And often smaller lines will have the same issue.

If i walk on top of flowers, will i need to water it again for it to produce hybrids?

So, do you actually have to make another bridge so a villager can suggest another type of bridge? Like, say, I only have the original cobblestone bridge in my town right now, and I'm waiting for my villagers to suggest the Brick Bridge or Zen Bridge... or do I just have to wait until one of them suggests it?

Oh, and when you buy something from the catalog, does it count towards the Nook's store upgrade?

This

Oh, and how many Bug Off exclusive prices are you able to receive?

Flowers anywhere, trees need space but sometimes will randomly decide not to grow.

Shrubs can grow anywhere but not against the cliff/buildings/river or PWP. They can grow next to other shrubs and tiled floor though. (ie the plaza) If you plant a line of 8 or more, expect a random one to die most of the time. And often smaller lines will have the same issue.
I see...
Will I have a problem with trees right now to a path I've laid down?

Heyo! I've been enjoying taking screenshots of my New Leaf game, and then, all of a sudden, as of two days ago... it's stopped giving me the option of taking them. I hit L and R; nothing.

Nothing comes up in Nintendo.com's troubleshooting section about this, nor did a Google search and a site search here give me any answers. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried deleting photos in 3DS Camera that I didn't need anymore, thinking I'd used up my storage capacity, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Thanks for any info!

heres one about the threads is there a way you can delete threads and post you made?

I see...
Will I have a problem with trees right now to a path I've laid down?

Paths count as empty space to plants, so far as I'm aware. - I don't use paths though.

Heyo! I've been enjoying taking screenshots of my New Leaf game, and then, all of a sudden, as of two days ago... it's stopped giving me the option of taking them. I hit L and R; nothing.

Nothing comes up in Nintendo.com's troubleshooting section about this, nor did a Google search and a site search here give me any answers. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried deleting photos in 3DS Camera that I didn't need anymore, thinking I'd used up my storage capacity, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Thanks for any info!

The 3DS camera only stores 3000 pictures. - you can check how many more picture you can take by loading the camera and it'll say at the top left. If it's 0 then you have storage issues and moving pictures onto a computer would be best. - For some reason when I hit 3000, deleting a few didn't solve the issue, and I had to move all photos elsewhere.

When you try to take a picture does it display a message in AC? Or is there literally nothing happening. - If the latter it could be one of your L or R buttons has broken. - happened on my old DS. Check them on other games / on the home menu clicking 1 of them will open the camera.

heres one about the threads is there a way you can delete threads and post you made?

I think you need to request to a Moderator that it be deleted. - likely through the report button on the bottom left of the post. Otherwise, click edit on the bottom right and just delete what is written in the post.

Last edited:
Right, so I went to my town hall today to change the exterior of my town hall but Isabelle came up with the "this project cannot be destroyed" dialogue. Does this mean that once I've chosen the style I can never go back? I like the default but I want to see what my town looks like with the other styles too.

Are there any guides for getting villagers pictures besides april fools ones? I know you have to talk to them a lot, but how much and how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back