• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

2 Questions:

1) Does my new signature meet the signature guidelines?
2) Iv'e been told my Visitor Messages are off, yet they are turned on in my Profile General Settings. What could be the problem?
Goto settings then click on privacy settings and turn VMs to everyone ;)
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
2 Questions:

1) Does my new signature meet the signature guidelines?
2) Iv'e been told my Visitor Messages are off, yet they are turned on in my Profile General Settings. What could be the problem?

1) Yes it does
2) Go to Profile Privacy and make sure you don't have "your contacts" or "your friends" selected for VM
Why would you want to know where we live?

We don't care to know where people live, we don't even check that.

I'm going to put up some information later today. If you notice your thread is missing or you've received a warning for something, it may be covered in the informative material.

Can I make an ad thread? and if yes where?

Last edited:
Is it Better to bid when you first see the auction or when its almost over?

Is it Better to bid when you first see the auction or when its almost over?

Depends on the item, how long the auction is, and how active it is.

In real life, bidding goes really fast, and generally if 2 or more people want something bad enough, they end up paying out the a** for it because they keep one-upping each other's bids. If it's not a popular item or anything that could fetech a higher resell price, they generally go at the end of the auction for cheap.

On here though, if no one bids, the auction usually gets extended and then people start bidding. Depends on when the auction is posted. Some people also like to have the basic auction info listed:

Starting Bid
Minimum Bid Increment
Buyout
Auction End Time

...before they even make a bid. This is because if an end date is firm, they can wait til the last minute or so and bid the lowest they can and win. If you bid while the auction is new and its a coveted item/pokemon, the price will only go up because people will get into a bid war over it xD

Last edited:
Did TBT get a small update, or is my ipod just making the page look weird?
image.jpg

Probably just a loading error with your phone.

NOPE.

I'm already making assumptions. :D Nah, joking.

Have post merges been removed? I've seen lots of people posting right after their other posts without it merging. They weren't double posts either and it doesn't say they've been edited.

Back