July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Does anybody here prefer listening to audio over reading? If so, do you have any specific favorites or preferences?

I'm going through The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It could be fun to try audio for a bit.

Although I haven't read any books in a long time. I've been slower as a result. It's definitely a skill I wanted to get back. So I've been getting physical copies of each book in the series. (Including The Hobbit).

I love audiobooks. They can help make certain stories even better than they are, or improve a story that wasn't so great if one just read it on paper. For example, Jim Dale, the narrator of the Harry Potter books, does such an excellent job at getting you intrigued in an already interesting world. Moira Quirk, who narrated Gideon the Ninth also does a terrific job with her delivery and her voice. It made the experience incredible.

It also made reading the first Lord of the Rings book a little more bearable to me. I read The Hobbit years ago and I'll admit I wasn't that big of a fan of it, and found it to be a drag. The audiobook of LOTR was a bit more interesting and it felt like I was being told the story as opposed to hearing about fifteen million breakfasts.

I forgot this was about audiobooks and not a complain about books fest lol

It definitely takes some skill to listen to the story and not miss a bit of details though. I listen at about 2.35x speed which is quite fast. I usually listen to something when I'm playing a game mindlessly or something along those lines.

I love audiobooks. They can help make certain stories even better than they are, or improve a story that wasn't so great if one just read it on paper. For example, Jim Dale, the narrator of the Harry Potter books, does such an excellent job at getting you intrigued in an already interesting world. Moira Quirk, who narrated Gideon the Ninth also does a terrific job with her delivery and her voice. It made the experience incredible.

It also made reading the first Lord of the Rings book a little more bearable to me. I read The Hobbit years ago and I'll admit I wasn't that big of a fan of it, and found it to be a drag. The audiobook of LOTR was a bit more interesting and it felt like I was being told the story as opposed to hearing about fifteen million breakfasts.

I forgot this was about audiobooks and not a complain about books fest lol

It definitely takes some skill to listen to the story and not miss a bit of details though. I listen at about 2.35x speed which is quite fast. I usually listen to something when I'm playing a game mindlessly or something along those lines.

Oh that's okay! Thank you for replying and for the informational answer. I'm only finally getting through The Hobbit myself. I've already started buying Lord of the Rings though. It does help to know what I'm getting into, so I appreciate it.

I frequently like to go back and find details I missed, so that does bring up something I needed to be aware of.

Back