Barack Obama - War Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pear said:
Marcus said:
So now it's up to the English to smash the Taliban's brains out.

Awsome
The Taliban don't exist in Iraq, and haven't since 2003, hence 7 years of pointless war.
Oh I miss read it, so he isn't pulling out of Pakistan...so he's basically pulling out of a country he should have pulled out of(and England) a long time ago.

Better late than never Obama.

Marcus said:
Pear said:
Marcus said:

Awsome
The Taliban don't exist in Iraq, and haven't since 2003, hence 7 years of pointless war.
Oh I miss read it, so he isn't pulling out of Pakistan...so he's basically pulling out of a country he should have pulled out of(and England) a long time ago.

What? The U.S. has troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The "combat mission" in Iraq has now officially ended, meaning the Iraqi government is in control of their own security. No one is pulling out, and England's role in Iraq has long ago been reduced.

I have no idea what Pakistan has to do with this, but I think it would be wise to get a firmer grasp of the geography of the region before you start making ignorant remarks about the conflicts going on there.

*trevor said:
Marcus said:
Pear said:
Marcus said:

Awsome

What? The U.S. has troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The "combat mission" in Iraq has now officially ended, meaning the Iraqi government is in control of their own security. No one is pulling out, and England's role in Iraq has long ago been reduced.

I have no idea what Pakistan has to do with this, but I think it would be wise to get a firmer grasp of the geography of the region before you start making ignorant remarks about the conflicts going on there.
Woah, damn, I realized I said Taliban instead of Al Qaeda. Sorry for that. XD

Pear said:
*trevor said:
Marcus said:
Pear said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well it's also true that the Taliban aren't in Iraq either.

I think Marcus is confused about bigger concepts than that anyways.

*trevor said:
Pear said:
*trevor said:
Marcus said:

I guess this isn't the place for 13 year olds, my bad :[

What I do know, is that 3/4 of Pakistan is held by the Taliban, and that they have a nuclear bomb. That's why we're in there, to stop the Taliban getting that bomb.

I got confused, sorry.

Marcus said:
*trevor said:
Pear said:
*trevor said:

What I do know, is that 3/4 of Pakistan is held by the Taliban, and that they have a nuclear bomb. That's why we're in there, to stop the Taliban getting that bomb.

I got confused, sorry.
Half of the people say it's for political reasons (preventing the Taliban from having too much power, etc.) and the other half says it's for the people living there (to free them).

Each soldier has his or her own reason. But by breaking down the Taliban, we kill two birds with one stone.

Darn! I thought like everyone was going to stop what they're doing and party when this war ended.. Like when that one war did..

I saw no stopping and/or partying.

Marcus said:
*trevor said:
Pear said:
*trevor said:

I got confused, sorry.
That's... entirely wrong. I think you're thinking of Afghanistan, not Pakistan. The Taliban were the rulers of Afghanistan before the US, UK, and others ousted them in 2001-2002. They've since had something of a resurgence in the North, so fighting continues in Afghanistan.

As for nuclear weapons... Afghanistan has none, and no one ever said they did. Afghanistan is one of the poorest nations on earth, even before the invasion, so no nuclear weapons there. However, Pakistan, its neighbor, does. They obtained nuclear weapons mostly in response to their neighbor, India, getting them.

kalinn said:
Darn! I thought like everyone was going to stop what they're doing and party when this war ended.. Like when that one war did..

I saw no stopping and/or partying.
Decisive victories like those seen in the World Wars are a rather rare thing, assuming you were referring to the end of World War 2. Also, the scale of the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts are nothing next to either World War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back