• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS (Open Mic - Round 1)

Which song gets your vote?

• I Will Survive

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Got My Mind Set On You

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let’s get those votes in folks! We’ve got two great song here. You don’t need to have submitted an entry to vote.

Which one tickles your ear holes?

Roughly 48 hours left.

Thanks to the 7 people who took the time to vote so far. I find the fact that the thread has been viewed 75ish times mind boggling. Is the apathy around here that bad?
I realize some people won't like either song, but it's logistically impossible for the 68 other viewers to have 0 preference, especially when you have an iconic song going up against a Beatle.

Roughly 48 hours left.

Thanks to the 7 people who took the time to vote so far. I find the fact that the thread has been viewed 75ish times mind boggling. Is the apathy around here that bad?
I realize some people won't like either song, but it's logistically impossible for the 68 other viewers to have 0 preference, especially when you have an iconic song going up against a Beatle.
I'm pretty sure accounts can view a page multiple times, so it's likely mostly people who already voted re-checking the thread, and then a couple who viewed and clicked off

I'm pretty sure accounts can view a page multiple times, so it's likely mostly people who already voted re-checking the thread, and then a couple who viewed and clicked off
LMAO, really? It's just the same people over and over? I can't weigh in on that, as I think I'm in a different category. When I made the auditions thread and initially kept checking it, it just stayed at 1, so that may have been just because I was the creator.

I honestly hope you're right, that way I don't feel so bad.

I get what you're feeling! I made a thread once and I eagerly waited for someone to respond to it. Usually I get plenty of replies but this thread in particular got none. And then because of that I got all jittery and admittedly a bit irritated! It's different but the idea's the same.
Look: don't let those views get in the way of the Battle of the Bands, OK? Those other viewers may either be indecisive or they're nervous about picking the song that would later lose. Instead, be grateful for those who chose to vote. They contributed to your little competition, and that's all that matters.
Most importantly, you gotta believe! :D

edit: I better tell this to myself more often.

Last edited:
Great songs! Voted!
Always a sweetheart!
I get what you're feeling! I made a thread once and I eagerly waited for someone to respond to it. Usually I get plenty of replies but this thread in particular got none. And then because of that I got all jittery and admittedly a bit irritated! It's different but the idea's the same.
Look: don't let those views get in the way of the Battle of the Bands, OK? Those other viewers may either be indecisive or they're nervous about picking the song that would later lose. Instead, be grateful for those who chose to vote. They contributed to your little competition, and that's all that matters.
Most importantly, you gotta believe! :D
True. Not submitting, I understood. People might not want to see a song that’s special to them go down in flames, or want to share the song etc.
The votes were my issue. Hopefully I’m just being impatient and as time goes on it’ll gain more traction.

I voted on Sunday morning, but haven't checked this thread again until just now. I went with "I Will Survive" by Scary Pockets, as I thought it was a competent cover (the George Harrison tune is catchy, but I can't say it has ever been a favorite of mine).

Also, while I personally think these types of threads are fun, they unfortunately just don't appear to be very popular with most forum users. I've done various similar threads on another forum where I selected two songs (befitting different themes) and then let the users vote for whichever one they thought was best. The turnout was always very low, as most users there just couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes to listen to a couple of songs (and there was actually a fair share of music enthusiasts there!). The same usually applied when other users on that forum made the same kind of thread; very low voting outcomes! So don't feel too bad if that happens here as well (I'll still try to tune in).

Back