• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Bells in AC:NL

Eirynfox

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
Do you think they have made getting Bells far too easy in NL? I mean people have been paying and upgrading their home fairly fast. I know in the past games it was the one question people asked the most "how do you make bells" (not that it was really that hard in past games IMHO, but it seems like they have made it even easier).

My main worry is that people are going to speed through everything in NL and get it all done and dusted then shelf it.

I suppose this is quite a negative thought on my behalf, and I know it is going to be a great game! Do you think it is possible that the people who have received their early editions just have loads of time to play and that is why they are making so much cash?

thoughts! Also. I like cheese. do you? :cool:

I will agree there does seem to be quite a number of ways this time around to receive bells (more fish and bugs plus the island, delicious fruit etc) but I think it's just about how you pace yourself. I believe if you applied yourself in any of the games plus since WW you could have online help you can pay off your debts extremely fast. So I think it comes down to how much time you have and how dedicated you are. I for one plan to kind of take things slow. Caring for my house but really taking in the town more than ever.

Considering the mortgage is somewhere around 7.5 million bells or so, I think we are making just enough. Not to mention construction building, demolish prices, rebuilding other things, saving for Gracie items, or even having extra money for wifi'ers who sell items and not just give away, I say it's on par with what the game asks for c:

Yes, and even more so if you have the rich town in effect.

But to combat that, the community projects are pretty expensive.
also you have to consider the fact that this game isn't like the other games, where you used to just focus on your house.

Your main focus is going to be your entire town this time around. If you're spending all of your money on upgrading your house, then you'll be missing out on getting the projects done in your town.
So while it is easier to get bells this time around, there are more things to spend them on.

I think they're too easy but you have commuity projects and stuff they had to make it easier somehow

I didn't like that Island got so many fish and bugs that costs a lot. I made a list of the community project I want and they are cheap lol
Anyway I don't get bored of AC easily. I just need to find interesting friends to play with.

Is way easier to get bell because most players think more bells the better because they are risky with their bells and so am I because I get bored when they not a lot to do but I change I take slowly day by day or whenever I do.

I think it is easier. But not a big deal, there's lots of stuff you can work for

It is easier, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I imagine some people who play obsessively will be making absurd amounts of bells quickly, but it's still good for the people who don't have a lot of free time; they can make good progress with house upgrades, public works, etc. without needing to devote a bunch of time to the game.

It seems that it is easier to get money, but I think it will be harder to choose where to spend it. It is not only the house again, and not only your village. So, I think it is more welcome to get easier bells.

I think it is quite easy to make quick money, especially with the prospect of all year round rare fish at the island, but I don't think theres much chance of a fan of the series giving up when it they do everything they wanted to do. It's a never ending ame in my eyes, you can never truly complete it or finish it.

I think its better this way. You have to spent more money now in NL with community projects. I think a lot of people found it hard to upgrade their house all the way in past games. I only ever got my house fully upgraded in the GCN version. They made the game better for casual players, and made it VERY rewarding for dedicated players :p I want to get everything this time around, so Im going to have to save up a lot of money for the bank to get all those gifts, and I want to fill my catalog so ill be buying things every day. I am very happy bells are a little easier to get.

I'm not to fussed about how easy it is to get bells in the game. If anything though I kind of wish the early house upgrades were more expensive.. The amount of bells you need to go from tent to house is just too small.

I doubt many of us will be left pondering the thought when new leaf is out though, it really is just a matter of pacing yourself.

It does seem like its easier to make bells, but with more things that cost in the tens or hundreds of thousands (like community projects) and not just your house, it seems more a balancing thing. While there are more bells, there are also a lot more things to spend them on. I wouldn't worry about it

I'm not too worried about it. I'll still spend hours fish and goofing off. I'm so ready to have it!

They made it easier but now you have tons of new things you'll be needing to spend money on. Especially to unlock all of the stores. And then on top of that you have the more expensive town projects and stuff. Dream suite and cafe come to mind. :c
And your house expansion will be a lot, too... I still worry about how I'll unlock everything! ; v ; I def need Shampoodle.

I wouldn't be too worried. The difficulty of making money was lowered, because community projects are really expensive. In order to completely fill your town with them, it would cost way more than the house upgrades, especially if you're going for the more expensive ones, which can cost up to 700,000 bells. The house isn't going to be expensive when compared to upgrading the town. Not to mention that all the new furniture is going to make cataloging a much longer task, so they game will still have a lot of longemity after the town and house are done.

Rather have it easy than hard. Fishing/Bug catching/selling things does get boring after a while yanno.

I'm really, REALLY not worried about it being 'easy' to make bells in New Leaf. I like that. It allows me the freedom to buy what I want instead of thinking "...maybe I should wait. Something nicer might show up tomorrow and I want to be able to get it!" Plus we have to pay a lot to upgrade our house, we can buy things to change the appearance of our house, we're not just buying shirts anymore: we're also buying pants, shoes, and socks on top of the hats and accessories, and with how much money projects cost, we're going to NEED an easier way to make money or we won't get anything done unless we play constantly.

Back