• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Bells in AC:NL

They may have added delicious fruit to help you make more bells, but they also have bell sinks like more mortgages than ever, curb appeal cosmetics, more clothes, community projects, etc etc.

Plus time-traveling to make money from bank interest didn't work in City Folk like it did so easily in Wild World, so that makes things harder.

I don't think they have really made it 'too easy' to make bells, I think they've just made it easier. And I'm glad they have. You have to remember, if you want to have a good town, you're going to have to have a fair amount of community projects. They really are not cheap, especially big things like the Coffee Shop, and The Dream Mansion/Dream Suite.

If they hadn't have made it easier then it wouldn't have worked well. They would have had to have made community projects a lot cheaper, and in my opinion, it would look a little silly with cheaper community projects.

Once you unlock the island, you can make a trip, which takes about 30 minutes for a fill an inventory with bugs if you plant your trees right, and then you can sell all your bugs to R. Parkers/Re-Tail for around 120,000 Bells, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, depending which bugs spawned when you were catching them.

Also isn't there the option to have a "rich town" as one of the town ordinances? I'm sure that helps out too when trying to get some extra bells.

I hated how long it took to get a decent amount of bells in the past games. I'm quite impatient, so I like this feature.

It's extremely easy. In 2 months of play I already had over 100mil.
OMG That's just too much money for me. I wish it could not be possible. I'll probably have every I want in my town by the end of summer :(

If you're that worried about making money too easily, maybe you should make it more challenging for yourself.

Like, say "I can only earn *this many* Bells per day I play." So you can do what you want, and once you reach that goal, you can just do other things that won't earn you money.

I agree @ Officer Berrri because at first we should save some bells for things we might want later in the game.

Back