• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Best inclines for natural town?

Quacky

smol bean
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8272-9103-5920
Mailbox
Hi, I can't decide between the natural ramp and log staircase for my town, I'm going for a natural look, I'm using the wooden bridges (not the suspension ones the other ones) I'll be using custom wooden paths and the dirt paths. What would look best?

Natural ramp, by far. You could probably make the brick ramp work as well, but the natural one looks the best, and is also the cheapest.

Log staircase. I've built a brick staircase and I'm about to demolish the damn thing because it's the only one of it's kind on the island and I don't want it anymore

A natural ramp for an undeveloped town areas and the log one for a more developed look like in campsite areas. Totally mix and match in different areas!

I've been building the log stairs in my town and like the way they look. For bridges, I have the log ones (like the 1st one) and I use the two dirt patterns for paths.

I thought about the ramp, but the stones looked out of place since I don't use stone anywhere else.

i would go with the log staircase as the natural ramp might look a bit out of place if you aren’t using stone anywhere else aha

I've been wildly oscillating between the two throughout my town depending on the immediate scenery, haha. The natural ramp is really great and way cheaper, so you could go with that if you're indecisive about a specific location and it'll probably look fine! Someone somewhere made a QR code for some stones that match the stones in the natural ramp, which is a cute idea if you wanna go for that

Natural ramp is probably the best for a natural island. The design is made to look like it's a part of the island itself and not like it's man (or in this case tanooki) made. The inclines leading up to the second and third tiers of my island are natural ramps and they look amazing.

I worry about the natural ramp because it does look out of place with dirt parts and stuff, I have them in my town at the moment

I think that both can be used really well in a natural looking AC theme. I slightly lean towards the log ones as I prefer the aesthetic, but the naturals can look well with light stone pathing, or custom stone pathing. :)

Last edited:
I worry about the natural ramp because it does look out of place with dirt parts and stuff, I have them in my town at the moment

That's just personal opinion kicking in, I'm using a mix of the two dirt paths and I personally think it looks great. Perhaps try the wooden paths, or even make your own!

For the most part, I agree that the natural ramp would probably work best for a completely natural look. I think other inclines could work depending on context. I have a White-plank ramp on my natural island. It's behind the Residential Services building and visible from the town square, so it made since to be that it would be a bit more developed than places on my island that were further out in the "wilderness". The "neighborhood" it's located uses a lot of white birch customized items, so I thought it fit well.

Depending on how you use a ramp, it can make for a transition between areas that may be more or less developed.

ive been using the log staircase for a more woodsy natural look, cant go wrong with a natural ramp but i think the log staircase is a slightly more rustic, upscale version of natural

Heres a photo of what it looks like with natural or log, I really cant decide which is gonna look better. Natural Ramp Log Ramp
Post automatically merged:

ive been using the log staircase for a more woodsy natural look, cant go wrong with a natural ramp but i think the log staircase is a slightly more rustic, upscale version of natural
Yeah thats kinda how im leaning atm

Back