• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Best place to pre-order the bundle?

PhilNook

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
ど
I tried going to gamestop today to pre-order the bundle and they said they were "no longer taking reserves." I also checked on the best-buy website and it said it was sold out :(. Is there anywhere else where you can pre-order the console and pick it up in store? I would rather not purchase online because I want to play it ASAP ;).

I'm sorry to say I think you waited too long. The only other stores you could try is Target or Toys R Us. Otherwise, you will probably have to order online or try to find one left in stock on release day.

Maybe try Toys R Us or Walmart? I'm not really sure if they're taking pre-orders for the bundle or not, but worth a look if you really want it.

The only place that I know still taking orders for the bundle is the Gamestop online store.
Their shipping price is rather steep and you still pay tax, sadly.
All the stores I've went to with a friend to try and find her one said they were sold out.

Amazon is great! Sometimes you get it a day early as well.

Amazon in the US doesn't sell 3DS sadly. You can only buy them from a third party.

Best Buy keeps going out of stock and then coming back, at least on the website. As others have said, you can also try Toys R Us. Alternatively, you can wait until day after launch and visit Gamestop. They'll only hold reserves for 24 hours, so if someone preorders one and doesn't pick it up right away, it's up for grabs.

GameStop holds them for two days, not one. At least that's the case at mine.

Also don't count on anyone not picking up their preorder. It's a $25 down payment at LEAST, and... No, just don't count on it. Not only will it probably not happen, if it does, just imagine how sad you are making that person who lost out on their bundle. :'( cries

Also don't count on anyone not picking up their preorder. It's a $25 down payment at LEAST, and... No, just don't count on it. Not only will it probably not happen, if it does, just imagine how sad you are making that person who lost out on their bundle. :'( cries

Whatever they do with it is up to the manager of that particular store, really. Their policy is 24 hours, but I've seen places sell before that and I've seen places refuse to sell after that.

Also, you'd be amazed how many people will preorder something and never show up to pick it up, including stuff like fully-paid-off special editions. And that's literally never, not even just counting the people who show up late. It's part of why Gamestop pushes preorders so hard; after a certain point if you don't come in for your stuff that money becomes theirs to keep.

I wouldn't feel bad for them, they were told when they pre-ordered that it's only held for two days and for whatever reason they didn't make it in time.

It actually happens more often than you'd think and if you seriously want the bundle I'd give it a shot. Sometimes people pre-order then don't have the money at time of release. Unfortunately now that you've missed the pre-order option you're going to have to do some scouring on release day and hope for the best. Best Buy told me they don't physically stock bundles so I'd stick to Gamestops, Targets, and Toys R Us'. Worst comes to worst.... eBay sellers will have them for an arm and a leg extra. x.x

Back