Have you ever bought a game on release day?

Yes. I bought some of the Pokemon games on day one.
I still buy some on steam, but it is rare. I usually wait for reviews and bug fixes.

I haven't, but that's because I have a big enough game library that I desperately need to clear through and I'm broke most of the time. My dad pre-ordered Tears of the Kingdom and Echoes of Wisdom when they released, if that counts.

Yeah one. I bought *Zanki Zero* which is a game that takes place in a post apocalyptic world, with eight survivors on the *Garage island* each have a fifteen day life span, and alot of the story takes place in mystery dungeon-isk levels which are side islands that are unlocked one at a time. But there is alot more you can do, it's got many surprising aspects.I call it a horror-sci fi.

Gonna be honest, I loved the game at first, and esspecially the perks that came with it. But it's also one of the weirdest games I have ever played. Since your goal is to get through each dungeon alive, if you go as one girl, and all the other characters when they're kids, none of the monsters will spawn and you can just walk to the objectives with no problems, lol. There's alot of otjer aspects that also make it weird, but not in a bad way.

I liked it though. But that's the only game I bought on release (at 1am, when I was half awake)

6-1-667614-52.jpg

A couple of times yeah especially on steam when there's a launch discount but for other games, I rarely pre-order unless I'm 100% confident I'll enjoy the game.

Maybe in the past when I was a kid? Definitely not recently though. I don't play many games anyways, and I'm fine with getting into games at a later point. I don't see the need to get anything on it's release date personally.

I have a few times. I mostly play indie games now tho and a lot of those start as early access and can take forever before they are released

i got new horizons on release day, love the animal crossing series so it was one of those games that i was desperate to play as soon as it came out.

most recent game i got on release day was Pokemon violet, play all the Pokemon games but don’t usually grab them on release day, but a bunch of us decided to play scarlet/violet so all ended up getting it on release day so we could start it together

Animal Crossing New Leaf and New Horizons for sure, and i'll be the same for the next release. These are not games I play religiously, but I was really excited about NH release! I was looking for forums and threads all day, can't sleep for weeks before it came out, searching for informations and everything I could find about this wonderful game. What a surprise! What an enjoyment!
First two years were quite disappointing but I enjoy the game more today!
Not really memories about New Leaf release. I remember going to the shop but not my hours of play.

Maybe Pokémon Violet/Scarlet was another game I wanted day one, I don't remember well. However, I know I haven't waited for long to buy it!

Ghost of Tsushima as well. No spoiler here, but I've heard about a sad event in the game, I've played some hours but completely stopped because I was afraid of this moment. I bought the game on PC while I don't play on PS4 anymore!

Yeah, I brought New Horizons for release, along with the special edition switch. I wished I’d waited though to see the reviews, because it didn’t live up to my expectations and really put me off pre ordering or buying a game at release again.

I really have to be a big fan or really really like the idea of a game for me to preorder on the first day.
If not, I'll wait a bit. However, most of the times, I do find myself preordering.

I only buy games (or game consoles) at launch if I'm sure they'll be worth the price. And I'm very skeptical of games these days so I don't buy them at launch very often. I pre-ordered ToTK because I knew I'd enjoy it and for a pre-order bonus and I just recently bought Echoes of wisdom on launch day because I expected to enjoy that too. For me, I trust main line Nintendo games more than some other devs because it's more rare for me to be disappointed by them but like, Bethesda? I like fallout and Skyrim well enough but I'm not buying anything they put out without reading reviews and watching YT vids of the first few minutes of gameplay🧐

Yeah, I’ve done that a few times for games I know I’ll love and replay. I preordered Splatoon 3, ACNH, and Mario Party Superstars when they launched. I’m also looking to preorder Fantasy Life: The Girl Who Steals Time since I enjoyed the first one on the 3DS and really like the series!

The ones I can remember purchasing on or before release were Pokemon ORAS and BDSP! I think I had limited edition Pikachu stickers from ORAS and a tote bag from BDSP. I can't remember if I got PLA during release since I don't think I received freebies.

I didn't get Splatoon 3 on the exact release day, but I think I got 2-3 days after release. It was a big deal for me back then because I never played Splatoon; my friends just convinced me to get it and I was tired that day so I was like ok why not let's blow $50 on a game I know nothing about. Anyway no regrets, I'm almost 800 hours into that game so it's definitely $50 well spent.

Almost every single game I own I have gotten on release day. I tend to pre order all my games so I secure one plus you get pre order bonus content :p

Back