• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

BestBuy DLC w/o going to BestBuy

That's awesome. I've got some extra routers around the house that I'm not using. I'll have to plug one up and make Bestbuy as the SSID.

I wish I knew how to work with my router but I don't want to **** anything up :/

You just have to go into the settings and change the SSID. The SSID is basically what the router broadcasts as the name of your wireless network.

...of course, this is assuming you have access to your router. Some people just connect to a school network and wouldn't be able to change it.

Didn't work for me... don't get how to do it. I tried making a new connection and typed the SSID but it wouldn't connect to anything. o3o

Oh wow! thanks for the post. Now I dont have to leave my house! xD

I wonder if you could get the Japanese DLC this way too.

Didn't work for me... don't get how to do it. I tried making a new connection and typed the SSID but it wouldn't connect to anything. o3o

You can't just do it on the 3DS. You have to make an actual wireless network with the SSID of Bestbuy first. So with cellphone tethering or with your router. If you don't set up the network first, your 3DS has nothing to connect to the internet with.

You can't just do it on the 3DS. You have to make an actual wireless network with the SSID of Bestbuy first. So with cellphone tethering or with your router. If you don't set up the network first, your 3DS has nothing to connect to the internet with.

I don't even know what cellphone tethering is! V_V And I don't know how to change router stuff...

WOW thanks for the info looking forward to doing this since can't get these in Australia.

Oh wow! thanks for the post. Now I dont have to leave my house! xD

I wonder if you could get the Japanese DLC this way too.

The regular DLC? No. That's region specific - you need the specific region game and specific regioned 3DS.

You probably could with the 7-11 DLC, but AFAIK, no one has figured out that SSID yet.

Edit: I still gotta walk over to 7-11 to see if I can get that DLC with my US game. Maybe I should take my laptop with me when I go over there to see what SSIDs are broadcasting in the area. I'll look incredibly suspicious, but I'm a obvious gaijin. I always look a bit suspicious in Japan. :p

Last edited:
AWESOME now I don't got to drive 4 hours to another best buy because one is closed down and the other is banned lol
thanks so much for the share.

Back