• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Birthdays and Animal Crossing

=

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I share my birthday with T-Bone... ugh.

I do enjoy my AC birthday though. I'm looking really forward to it tomorrow. I'm very curious about it who is going to host it since Cheri hosts it every year and she just moved out today. The one thing I don't like about AC birthdays is they never seem to stop bugging me about my birthday wish.

I share my birthday with rocket/ac! Too bad I hate rocket and I love pietro. I would say we switch birthdays but I absolutely hate odd and prime numbers. Though I had my game for a year and a half, I only had one birthday party. It was so cute and sweet! I love acnl birthday parties!

I share a birthday with Alfonso, and Cyd though the latter didn't appear until New Horizons. My brother shares one with Ankha, who is one of my favorite villagers, and my mom's is the day after Apollo's, my #1 favorite villager. The North American version of New Leaf actually came out on my birthday. I know it is just a coincidence, but it felt like Nintendo KNEW the best possible day to release the game 💖

For the most part, I love how birthdays are handled in this version, but it is a bit of a shame that you can only get a birthday-themed gift if your friendship is high enough with the host, but it is a major step up from previous versions.

New Horizons did this even better with the piñata and cupcakes <333

In Animal Crossing GameCube, I unfortunately discovered the hard way that it doesn't take friendships into account; the villager who gives you the NES game is completely random. If there is one positive thing to say, I do love how you easily get letters and presents galore compared to WW and CF, but the fact of the giver of the NES game being random rather than based on who you have the highest friendship with is very disheartening. Getting it from the villager you have the highest friendship with is based on sheer luck.

WW and CF both handled birthdays pretty well for the most part, but the latter does have its flaws. A lot of people just do not get a cake in CF. Villager sickness can even screw you out of a letter or even if you get a cake at all; thankfully I haven't experienced this for myself, but it seems to be this way according to some videos I've seen.

Man, I cannot wait until the 9th. I will be celebrating my birthday in all five games, which will be a first. I am very curious to see how my birthday will go down in these games this year. There is no telling who the hell will be at my doors, because there is just so many factors to go off of, but I feel most confident in my prediction for New Leaf.

In fact, here are my predictions and why

AC:GC - Sally. Even though this version is whack about how it handles birthdays, I still have one factor up my sleeve but first, there is some confusion involved name-wise, so let me explain. Who we currently know as Cally in newer versions, used to be named Sally. And who we now know as Sally used to be named Hazel. And now Hazel is a character introduced in New Leaf. Because this considers the GameCube version, this is the GameCube version of Sally. So, I am referring to the olive-greenish squirrel, not the orangish one.

Originally, I was going to predict Hector, since the villager who delivered me the NES game was Poncho, which they are both Jocks (plus Hector was a starter), but I feel like Sally is more probably since I found a video on YouTube by Minecraft Mike with her being the NES deliverer. Plus, normal villagers are among the easiest ones to befriend.

AC:WW - Elmer. Lazy villagers seem like the most probable in terms of delivering a birthday cake. Hell, I found a video on YouTube where he was delivering a cake in Wild World.

AC:CF - Bob. I literally know THREE examples of him being the cake deliverer in this version. Three may not seem like a lot, but you have to consider the fact that there are a few hundred villagers in City Folk, and only a small percent of them are documented online.

AC:NL - Apollo. I know, I know...this is probably biased to some of you considering he is literally my #1 favorite villager, but just hear me out. I believe he was the host for ZackScottGames' birthday in New Leaf, plus I do plan to make him the villager I have the highest friendship with, which NL does indeed consider that. If I need to predict someone else, then Grizzly, since he was the host for Destini's birthday. I probably shouldn't predict cranky villagers as the ones at my door, but it's really not uncommon to have. As for the two other guests, I cannot say.

AC:NH - Cherry. I believe I got her as a starter, plus sisterly villagers are extremely affable. <3333
As for the two guests, I just want one of them to be Apollo <333

I share mine with Quillson on December 22nd.

I don't have much of an opinion on him, other than the fact that he will never be in the same town as my mayor, because celebrating two birthdays at the same time would be awkward.

I share a birthday with Twiggy. One day before or after would be nice, but instead i got the peppy bird who I've only ever seen once :p

On a side note, my pop gets Olive and Kapp'n, which is grand

Back