Blockbuster Claims Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic said:
Netflix was founded in 1997 and they started the subscriptions in 1999. However, Redbox was founded in 2003 so that means Netflix is older then Redbox. Redbox is sort of a rip off if you ask me. The reason why I say that is because Redbox charges $1 a day for you to rent movies. So if you don't watch it the first day then you are getting charged one more dollar a day that you don't watch the movie. Netflix is much better in my opinion because you only pay $8.99 a month. (Depending on which service you get the higher it is.) And the great thing about Netflix is the instant watching on your TV, Computer, iPod Touch / iPhone, XBOX360 and, PS3.

EDIT The only good thing about Redbox is that you can watch a movie that same day.

EDIT Don't use Gamefly unless you are willing to wait the time for it to ship and come to your house. Gamefly also has times where it takes 15 days just to get back to the nearest office. So if you are in Florida the closest might be in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if they have any closer offices but when I had Gamefly then didn't have any others near me besides Pittsburgh.
sup?

had you ever heard of netflix in 1997/1999? i hadn't heard of it until around '07 at earliest..

oh well.

edit: and on the topic of paying, one dollar per day without a subscription/anything is still very cheap, compared to blockbuster, or, y'know, buying the movie. but eh.

Nic said:
Netflix was founded in 1997 and they started the subscriptions in 1999. However, Redbox was founded in 2003 so that means Netflix is older then Redbox. Redbox is sort of a rip off if you ask me. The reason why I say that is because Redbox charges $1 a day for you to rent movies. So if you don't watch it the first day then you are getting charged one more dollar a day that you don't watch the movie. Netflix is much better in my opinion because you only pay $8.99 a month. (Depending on which service you get the higher it is.) And the great thing about Netflix is the instant watching on your TV, Computer, iPod Touch / iPhone, XBOX360 and, PS3.

EDIT The only good thing about Redbox is that you can watch a movie that same day.

EDIT Don't use Gamefly unless you are willing to wait the time for it to ship and come to your house. Gamefly also has times where it takes 15 days just to get back to the nearest office. So if you are in Florida the closest might be in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if they have any closer offices but when I had Gamefly then didn't have any others near me besides Pittsburgh.
I agree completely.

Gamefly = 1-2 game(s) a *censored.3.0*in month.

Red box is perfect for those who only wanna watch very few movies.

I worked for Hollywood Video for a while as a fun job and they were owned by Movie Gallery. That company filed chapter 11 as well and closed down. Mostly due to redbox and netflix, it doesn't surprise me that Blockbuster is going too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back