Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
I don't know if this is a thing yet, but I figured we needed one.

I spend several hours a day reading now so I'd love to be able to share book recommendations with other people and get some back!

If you're looking for a certain genre you can post "looking for," if you have some favorite books you can post a "general suggestion," or you can post suggestions based on what someone else is looking for.

What I am looking for are some long book series, or books that are in the 15-20 hours reading time. I don't have a preferred genre I just don't like anything that will get boring or repetitive. I work grave shift and have at least 5 hours to read each night so I'd like books that will at least take me a week to get through and series and very welcome because I feel less bad about devouring them if there's seconds. 😍

Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake if you want a good dark postmodernist dystopian novel. Crake just reflecting the events of the world before it ended, wandering on the beach and ruins alone with his flashbacks.

The very hungry caterpillar if you have one brain cell. The entire Diary of a Wimpy Kid series if u have 2.

I recommend Born a Crime by Trevor Noah; it's an autobiographical comedy novel and you can see where some of his standup material came from in it. He grew up in South Africa struggling with apartheid, his cultural identity, etc. (which really spoke to me since I'm of mixed descent).

There's mild "graphic" content in terms of his home life towards the latter half of the novel but nothing too explicit. I really recommend reading it since it has many funny moments to balance the gritty, realistic ones. c:

& just throwing it out there in case you're interested in fantasy/vampire novels---The Last Vampire/Thirst series by Christopher Pike is A+++---if you like Anne Rice novels you'll appreciate Pike's series. Those books are page turners for me, even after all these years. The main character is on a female vampire (she believes she's the last one on earth).

Hope I helped a bit. I also have a Goodreads account to check for new releases and book lists (not sure if you have one as well).

"Does god ever speak to cats", "Cooking with Poo", and "People Who Don't Know They're Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About It" are just a few books that I bought which I haven't read nor ever will.

Wait cooking with poo is that the thing in the names video? lolll

But yeah a few that I could recommend are; Almost Transparent Blue (Ryu Murakami), The Book of Disquiet (Fernando Pessoa), Temple of the Golden Pavilion(Yukio Mishima), Cain (Jos? Saramago)

I'd definitely recommend White Oleander by Janet Fitch, I read it as my book for January and it's by far the best book I've ever read. It left an insane impact on me, and I feel changed after having read it! It's on the poetic side, but it doesn't take itself too seriously, and I think that's a great balance. It's also a psychological side, so it will make you think. It's pretty long (or at least it was for me), I'd say 15-20, though I took my time with it. ALSO- I think you working graveyard shifts is a really nice tie in as there's a large passage in the book where the main character talks about graveyard shift workers.

If you want a bit of a description, it follows a girl named Astrid's journey through multiple foster homes, and focuses on the women who raise her.

If you decide to check it out, definitely tell me what you think of it!

Joyland by Stephen King is pretty good if you haven’t already read it! imo it’s quite a quick read but very enjoyable!

Back