Bought a Switch Lite. Can I play my already started game on it?

Dorian

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3338-6902-7891
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
I started an island on my Switch OLED, but also just got a Switch Lite since it's portable. When I started the game, it began the process of making me a new island. Will this delete my already started island? Is it different for each system? Can anyone give me advice on what my options are? I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm not sure how to proceed.

i believe each switch has its own island. i don't think there's an easy way to have two switch systems share one island save file.

Thank you, Guava. I really appreciate the reply. That's a bummer because I wanted to be able to play the same island on both systems so I could use the big tv at home and the lite when I am traveling. I guess I'd have to make an entirely different island. I didn't realize the save file was on the actual system and not the cartridge. I suppose that means I'm old, lol.

Your already-existing island should be fine, though. Me and my mom shared a cartridge with two separate consoles, and neither file has overwritten the other.

You can transfer the content of one Switch to another, so yes. But the content on the previous Switch will be erased.

Back